Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai for kids - crime?

Dubai for kids - crime?

Old Apr 4th 2005, 4:00 am
Forum Regular

neverland will become famous soon enoughneverland will become famous soon enough
Default Dubai for kids - crime?

Hi everybody,

just wondering. how is Dubai for small children? We are now in Australia and sick to death of the crime here. Drug labs, rape and break ins all the time. Our neighbours apartment was broken into twice, all the cars in the security car park were broken into. Our car was broken into twice in 2 years. And I live in a "good" area secured with security gates etc. The schools are under 24 hour police survelleilance etc. I would never ever let my child walk to school here or anywhere really. I don't feel one bit safe here. What is Dubai like with regards to crime? And has anybody ever given birth in Dubai? Is there such thing as day care and is it affordable?
Old Apr 4th 2005, 7:52 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Dubai for kids - crime?

Originally Posted by neverland
Hi everybody,

just wondering. how is Dubai for small children? We are now in Australia and sick to death of the crime here. Drug labs, rape and break ins all the time. Our neighbours apartment was broken into twice, all the cars in the security car park were broken into. Our car was broken into twice in 2 years. And I live in a "good" area secured with security gates etc. The schools are under 24 hour police survelleilance etc. I would never ever let my child walk to school here or anywhere really. I don't feel one bit safe here. What is Dubai like with regards to crime? And has anybody ever given birth in Dubai? Is there such thing as day care and is it affordable?
Hi neverland. Welcome to the site.

Dubai is by far, much safer than Oz from the sound of things. Mind you though, crime is not non-existant here. Like any other major city, Dubai has its fair share of murders, rapes, drug dealers and so on, but it is very limited and almost goes un noticed.

As far as kids go though, it is quite safe. You neednt worry.

If you have any more q's, feel free to PM me. Enjoy the site.
Old Apr 4th 2005, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

neverland will become famous soon enoughneverland will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the warm welcome.

A friend of mine who moved from Dubai to Australia and then very quickly back to Dubai also said, that the crime in Dubai is almost zero compared to what she experienced in Australia. But I love getting more opinions.

I find the crime very much in your face here in Australia, whether it be drink spiking, drugs, theft etc.

How long have you been in Dubai?
Old Apr 4th 2005, 8:05 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the warm welcome.

How long have you been in Dubai?
No probs neverland.

I have been in Dubai since......errrrrrmmmmmm........ 1981..... was born and raised here, but AM NOT A LOCAL......... very, very far from it infact. lol

When you thinkin bout heading out to our Desert Metropolis?
Old Apr 4th 2005, 9:42 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everybody,

We moved here a year ago from Jakarta Indonesia, this is heaven in comparison. I think as far as safety goes for children and women it must be one of the safest places in the world. Although there is little crime, what there is, as Face says goes un-noticed or is kept quiet.....not always a bad thing.
Old Apr 4th 2005, 6:17 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

welcome to the site

There's some kids links in the faq, mostly schools though..