Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai: I found a baby bird!!! :|

Dubai: I found a baby bird!!! :|

Old Apr 19th 2009, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Smoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud of
Default Re: Dubai: I found a baby bird!!! :|

Oh I had her with Salsa and guacamole ........... I'm into all things mex
Old Apr 19th 2009, 10:23 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Smoochy Girl
yummy, did the guacamole match the ploom?
Old Apr 19th 2009, 11:35 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Old Apr 19th 2009, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Smoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud of

But of course it did
Old Apr 19th 2009, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

gilly-beans is just really nicegilly-beans is just really nicegilly-beans is just really nicegilly-beans is just really nicegilly-beans is just really nicegilly-beans is just really nicegilly-beans is just really nicegilly-beans is just really nice

Excuse me but what are you waiting for to take it to a vet?? It is one of the hardest things to do - feeding a baby bird and if you have no experience, you will damage its crop and it will die in a lot of pain.

Why did you "rescue" it anyway - the mum would have been close by - the poor thing was probably learning how to fly or simply fell out of its nest! The parents would have picked it up and put it back.

So now you have messed with nature, I think you really need to take it to a vet..... please!
It was far too late then. The vets would all have been closed. I'm sure.
The poor bird fell asleep as soon as I first held it. It then slept fo twenty whole hours... Not good. I checked up on it regularily and tried to feed it, but it insisted on sleeping. I'm sure it was extremely ill. It did poop once (On my dad's shirt) which is a good sign, i suppose.
I was practically sure this was going to happen, but i decided to take the bird anyway. I know now, that it was wrong, and I will not do it again. I probably just killed a helpless little bird.
Rest In Peace Birdy.
Old Apr 19th 2009, 1:22 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

And is that going to be sterilised food? I write about this because I had made the mistake of buying a baby parrot from the Souk in AD. Took her straight to BVC who said she was dying .......... 2 weeks later she was dead; I had only taken her home for one night after the first week she spent at the hospital.

The crop had already been damaged by the idiots in the souk and feeding her baby formula which was kept in a saucer on top of an aquarium certainly didn't help her :curse:

Which is why I'm suggesting she takes the bird to a vet .......... sorry if I've upset anyone but that's how I feel

Old Apr 19th 2009, 1:24 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gilly-beans
The poor bird fell asleep as soon as I first held it. It then slept fo twenty whole hours... Not good. I checked up on it regularily and tried to feed it, but it insisted on sleeping. I'm sure it was extremely ill. It did poop once (On my dad's shirt) which is a good sign, i suppose.
I was practically sure this was going to happen, but i decided to take the bird anyway. I know now, that it was wrong, and I will not do it again. I probably just killed a helpless little bird.
Rest In Peace Birdy.
Well at least you tried pet, and thats a nice enough thing to do.
Old Apr 19th 2009, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Morecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by gilly-beans
Rest In Peace Birdy.
Don't feel guilty, you did what you thought was best. In my much younger days my sister and I used to always be bringing fledglings home, we had a seagull in the basement for some time and sometimes they lived and sometimes they died. It is life hun (or death lol).

Definitely good on you for trying. How would you have felt if you had left it?

Last edited by Morecambe Mindy; Apr 19th 2009 at 1:42 pm.
Old Apr 19th 2009, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Aw Gilly - I'm so sorry; we've all been there and done that I'm sure which is how we learn. Very sad that you had to go through it though - nothing worse than seeing them dead after trying so hard.

Never mind - we all know you did it out of the kindness of your heart
Old Apr 19th 2009, 3:07 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

What you done was a lovely thing, and shows just how well you have been brought up by your parents.

And you got to witness a bird poo on your dad which is a bonus!!
Old Apr 19th 2009, 3:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

A tribute to your efforts................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38QwisocIi0