Dubai Help Please

Old Jan 19th 2014, 10:47 pm
Just Joined

Mayfairman2014 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dubai Help Please

Hi,
Been offered a job in Dubai, however it is £75k GBP plus 25% bonus! all in..( they have paid full bonus every year).

So no accommodation etc, I have to fund it.

Is this enough for me and wife whom i hope will find work when we get there, we live in London, and fancy new challenge with a good standard of living.

I have had mixed response, but we like dining out etc, so don't want to be looking for the next pay day with worry.

Also I see rent wise , they want it all in 1 , 2 or 4 cheques ...wowsers

Any advice on Fully furnished apartments etc

Thanks

Matt
Old Jan 20th 2014, 12:05 am
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai Help Please

Originally Posted by Mayfairman2014
Hi,
Been offered a job in Dubai, however it is £75k GBP plus 25% bonus! all in..( they have paid full bonus every year).

So no accommodation etc, I have to fund it.

Is this enough for me and wife whom i hope will find work when we get there, we live in London, and fancy new challenge with a good standard of living.

I have had mixed response, but we like dining out etc, so don't want to be looking for the next pay day with worry.

Also I see rent wise , they want it all in 1 , 2 or 4 cheques ...wowsers

Any advice on Fully furnished apartments etc

Thanks

Matt
I am presuming that you get annual return flights and health care for both included on top of this.

£75,000 + 20% absolutely doable, unless you plan to have a very extravagant lifestyle and travel a lot, buy 2 expensive cars, a boat and a cheetah (to put in the back seat to vie with the locals).

You can get very decent accommodation for £20,000 pa and less.

Your wife would need to get a job, not to provide necessary additional income, but to stop herself going doolally - or becoming a Jumeirah jane.
Old Jan 20th 2014, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

Cpt_Jack has a brilliant futureCpt_Jack has a brilliant futureCpt_Jack has a brilliant futureCpt_Jack has a brilliant futureCpt_Jack has a brilliant futureCpt_Jack has a brilliant futureCpt_Jack has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Victor Meldrew
Your wife would need to get a job, not to provide necessary additional income, but to stop herself going doolally - or becoming a Jumeirah jane.
All I can say is I second that, mine went mad sitting at home all day doing nothing! It can be anything really, even setting up a business by herself, just to get out of the house.

Oh, and you'll get used to the cheques thing, just how it works because they can't trust anyone to do that old direct debit thingy that the rest of the world uses for some reason. Oh, and while I remember;

Never. Ever. Bounce. A. Cheque. EVER!

Seriously. In much of the world it's kinda OK to but in the UAE it can get you in a lot of trouble fast.
Old Jan 20th 2014, 12:48 pm
Just Joined

Mayfairman2014 is an unknown quantity at this point

Capt Jack, Victor .........( Love the names )

Many thanks for that, all be it i was thinking Tiger over Leapard...

Can you reccomend , some decent fully furnished apartments to rent?, or websites, i know dubizzle

Thanks

Matt