dubai gyms

Old Nov 29th 2007, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

canukabroad is just really nicecanukabroad is just really nicecanukabroad is just really nicecanukabroad is just really nicecanukabroad is just really nicecanukabroad is just really nicecanukabroad is just really nicecanukabroad is just really nicecanukabroad is just really nice
Default dubai gyms

As I get closer to signing a deal in Dubai, I'm thinking more about how I will spend my free time.

A big part of that is finding a decent gym. (good free weights & equipment, cafe, nice people there, social) I'm in the gym most days - either before work or after, and find it's a good way to start meeting new people.

I'd really appreciate any suggestions for a gym, or health place or club (health or social). I've read on the forum about hotels with 'clubs' - do these have decent gyms? Do employers pay for gyms/clubs?

Thanks so much for your input!
Ross
Old Nov 29th 2007, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

Concern1 will become famous soon enoughConcern1 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: dubai gyms

The Fitness First in the Burjuman Centre is good, if you want the social life to go with it. Its in a busy shopping centre, with plenty of people always about. With a car park in the ground floor. Its in a nice complex too.
You can see their website for info on this branch, they got others more now in the city. Given the location too, i think it will be busy with 'office' types and the wealthy. Expect to pay around 300-350 AED a month. Don't forget to bargain. You are expected to in dubai.

If you want a serious it might be good to check others.
Old Nov 30th 2007, 6:22 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by canukabroad
As I get closer to signing a deal in Dubai, I'm thinking more about how I will spend my free time.

A big part of that is finding a decent gym. (good free weights & equipment, cafe, nice people there, social) I'm in the gym most days - either before work or after, and find it's a good way to start meeting new people.

I'd really appreciate any suggestions for a gym, or health place or club (health or social). I've read on the forum about hotels with 'clubs' - do these have decent gyms? Do employers pay for gyms/clubs?

Thanks so much for your input!
Ross
where will you be living Ross, there are Fitness Firsts around town but if you are in an apartment most of them have gyms too
Old Nov 30th 2007, 5:59 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

yeah but a lot of apartment gyms involve a room with some equipment and a window with a view of nothing... pretty uninspiring!

joined pharaohs at wafi recently and really like it...

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
where will you be living Ross, there are Fitness Firsts around town but if you are in an apartment most of them have gyms too
Old Nov 30th 2007, 6:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Concern1
The Fitness First in the Burjuman Centre is good, if you want the social life to go with it. Its in a busy shopping centre, with plenty of people always about. With a car park in the ground floor. Its in a nice complex too.
You can see their website for info on this branch, they got others more now in the city. Given the location too, i think it will be busy with 'office' types and the wealthy. Expect to pay around 300-350 AED a month. Don't forget to bargain. You are expected to in dubai.

If you want a serious it might be good to check others.
Aye...Fitness Fists are very good...Join one,you join them all...
Old Dec 1st 2007, 9:02 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in the gym most days - either before work or after, and find it's a good way to start meeting new people
Where would you be working and where would you plan to live? Those two questions will have a big impact on your choice of gym. Or to look at it from a different perspective, your choice of gym could have a big impact on where you choose to live
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

canukabroad is just really nicecanukabroad is just really nicecanukabroad is just really nicecanukabroad is just really nicecanukabroad is just really nicecanukabroad is just really nicecanukabroad is just really nicecanukabroad is just really nicecanukabroad is just really nice

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Thanks. Yes - I'd like to be able to go to the gym before work, or on the weekends as well. Work is likely going to be in the Dubai Gate, living accom yet to be sorted.
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Autonomy
yeah but a lot of apartment gyms involve a room with some equipment and a window with a view of nothing... pretty uninspiring!

joined pharaohs at wafi recently and really like it...
I didn't know that most apts had their own gyms. I think I'd prefer the social part of a gym away from housing though.
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 10:01 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by canukabroad
Thanks. Yes - I'd like to be able to go to the gym before work, or on the weekends as well. Work is likely going to be in the Dubai Gate, living accom yet to be sorted.
there is / will be a Fitness first opening at DIFC, that should be perfect for you