Dubai Gone Mad

Old May 14th 2007, 11:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

expat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dubai Gone Mad

What do you think are the latest developments that are just ridiculous?

I think the plan to bulldoze a creek through Safa Park and Jumeirah 2 is crazy, and a huge waste of money. What do they plan to do with Sheikh Zayed Road?

Oh, and I'll say it for GarethR and W10: "all the Dubai developments are ridiculous". Wanted to save you two the typing effort

Last edited by expat.brat; May 14th 2007 at 11:27 pm.
Old May 15th 2007, 7:10 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai Gone Mad

Originally Posted by expat.brat
What do you think are the latest developments that are just ridiculous?

I think the plan to bulldoze a creek through Safa Park and Jumeirah 2 is crazy, and a huge waste of money. What do they plan to do with Sheikh Zayed Road?

Oh, and I'll say it for GarethR and W10: "all the Dubai developments are ridiculous". Wanted to save you two the typing effort

It would be nice if they invested their money on better infrastructure, sustainable power supplies and perhaps more greenery instead of more stagnant pools of water to help put the UAE back in the world malaria hotspots.

Norm.
Old May 15th 2007, 8:12 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
It would be nice if they invested their money on better infrastructure, sustainable power supplies and perhaps more greenery instead of more stagnant pools of water to help put the UAE back in the world malaria hotspots.

Norm.
I thought the idea of the creek extension was to do just that, free flowing water with bloody great pumps built in to make it fresh?
Old May 15th 2007, 9:09 am
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

Why don't they just flood SZ rd and everyone can go to work by boat!
How fun would that be!
Old May 15th 2007, 11:08 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
It would be nice if they invested their money on better infrastructure, sustainable power supplies and perhaps more greenery
Surely they need *less* greenery. The environmental cost of maintaining what they've already put in is colossal, and one of the reasons why the UAE is one of the most polluting nations in the world by population size.
Old May 15th 2007, 12:10 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarethR
Surely they need *less* greenery. The environmental cost of maintaining what they've already put in is colossal, and one of the reasons why the UAE is one of the most polluting nations in the world by population size.
Good point.

Or if there must be 'greenery' at least make it nice. Those garish flowerbeds in Garhoud are VILE. It's very Dubai twinned with Bournemouth.
Old May 15th 2007, 2:57 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Good point.

Or if there must be 'greenery' at least make it nice. Those garish flowerbeds in Garhoud are VILE. It's very Dubai twinned with Bournemouth.
I like them!!!
Old May 15th 2007, 3:15 pm