Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai - Cost of Living

Dubai - Cost of Living

Old Aug 26th 2004, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

goingdubai is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dubai - Cost of Living

and one additional, more objective and comparative resource...since you are in frankfurt, you might also be interested to hear that dubai ranks cheaper than frankfurt and much cheaper than london. it compares the cost of living based on an expat lifestyle (might be different than native lifestyle):
http://money.cnn.com/pf/features/pop...ing/popup.html
Old Aug 26th 2004, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

Tamarix is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by goingdubai
and one additional, more objective and comparative resource...since you are in frankfurt, you might also be interested to hear that dubai ranks cheaper than frankfurt and much cheaper than london. it compares the cost of living based on an expat lifestyle (might be different than native lifestyle):
http://money.cnn.com/pf/features/pop...ing/popup.html
Is all relative but can tell you without using the url, it's definitely not significantly cheaper than UK, though no council tax bills I suppose.
Old Aug 26th 2004, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tamarix
Is all relative but can tell you without using the url, it's definitely not significantly cheaper than UK, though no council tax bills I suppose.
sure it's all relative, so is everyone's statement here as well since everyone has a different lifestyle and comes from different places...
but for people trying to get some feel for the cost of living it's better to use many sources of input and to also mix subjective and objective ones, don't you think?
and the link i posted isn't comparing the uk to dubai...it is comparing specifically london to dubai based on a basket of goods and services that would be more specific to an expat's needs and lifestyle. since most of us are expats here, i think that is a nice link to a different view on things.
Old Aug 27th 2004, 9:46 am
Simply Brilliant

Cherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really nice

Originally Posted by goingdubai
sure it's all relative, so is everyone's statement here as well since everyone has a different lifestyle and comes from different places...
but for people trying to get some feel for the cost of living it's better to use many sources of input and to also mix subjective and objective ones, don't you think?
and the link i posted isn't comparing the uk to dubai...it is comparing specifically london to dubai based on a basket of goods and services that would be more specific to an expat's needs and lifestyle. since most of us are expats here, i think that is a nice link to a different view on things.
Absolutely!
Old Aug 27th 2004, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

MCA27 will become famous soon enoughMCA27 will become famous soon enough

every comment from those with personal experiences or constructive input is a help to me
Old Aug 27th 2004, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

another current cost of living index list prepared by The Economist (this time not based on expat lifestyle therefore different results), just consider that it is based on dollar values with new york as the base index at 100:
http://www.finfacts.com/costofliving4.htm
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 1:15 pm
-J-
Just Joined

-J- is an unknown quantity at this point

If you want to save money on your health insurance cost, have a look to HealthCare International's International health insurance website

Best regards,

Julien
Old Sep 12th 2004, 10:44 am
Just Joined

I'll get my coat is an unknown quantity at this point

i have just started a new thread and this covers the same thing....sorry! all your comments are very useful

my opportuity is my employer has offered me a job out there for £10k less in salary...but with £8k living allowance.

i am single, they will give me a car (same as UK), will pay health cover, will buy all white goods

living in london now....if it were you would you take it - its a good job.

hope you can help...

many thanks

M ]
Old Sep 12th 2004, 11:53 am
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

Originally Posted by I'll get my coat
they will give me a car (same as UK), will pay health cover, will buy all white goods ]
so they will send your car over DHL for you, that's nice of them!

and also on white goods... why not silver... always liked the SMEG silver fridge myself..
Old Sep 12th 2004, 12:01 pm
Simply Brilliant

Cherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really nice

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
so they will send your car over DHL for you, that's nice of them!

and also on white goods... why not silver... always liked the SMEG silver fridge myself..
You're just jealous Joseph
Old Sep 12th 2004, 12:05 pm
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

Originally Posted by Cherrypie
You're just jealous Joseph
of his dinky toy?
Old Sep 12th 2004, 12:05 pm
Simply Brilliant

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
of his dinky toy?
That and his job in Dream-Dubai.
Old Sep 12th 2004, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

I'll get my coat is an unknown quantity at this point

Joseph,

Why so rattled?

M
Old Sep 12th 2004, 12:10 pm
The 5th Amendment

Joseph,

Why so rattled?

M
Not all rattled... just having a giraffe...

I got it.. you are M from the Bond movies?
Old Sep 12th 2004, 12:12 pm
Simply Brilliant

Joseph,

Why so rattled?

M
Because he's jealous of your job in Dubai

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.