Reload this Page >

Driving Licence - UAE

Driving Licence - UAE

Old Jan 31st 2011, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

livbel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Driving Licence - UAE

Hi all

My wife and I are about to transfer our driving licences to a UAE one. My query is she has both a UK passport and an Australian passport. Her residence visa is in her UK passport, but she only has an aussie licence as she never drove in the UK. Is it going to be possible to still get the UAE licence?....I am hoping by taking both passports to show she is an aussie citizen to match her aussie licence should suffice but any opinions would be welcome.

Thanks as always
Old Feb 1st 2011, 5:31 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Driving Licence - UAE

should be ok, take both passports, photocopy the one with the visa in
Old Feb 1st 2011, 7:29 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

officially the passport with the visa and the country that issued the driving license should be one and the same, but since both countries are on the list of countries that can exchange without taking lessons/driving test, it should be fine, but you won't know for sure until you actually go there.

If you sponsor your wife, you should write her a NOC letter by the way (but you probably already knew that).
Old Feb 1st 2011, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

miuser2 is a jewel in the roughmiuser2 is a jewel in the roughmiuser2 is a jewel in the roughmiuser2 is a jewel in the rough

Did this just the other day (mismatch of passport and licence but both on the list) and there was nary an eyebrow raised nor a question asked.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

livbel is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks everyone, much appreciated