Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Kids Visas / Marriage Certificate?

Kids Visas / Marriage Certificate?

Old Jun 17th 2010, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

lisalou24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Kids Visas / Marriage Certificate?

Ok just another quick question!

Do I need my marriage certificate for my kids visas or opening a joint bank account? Or is both hubby2B and my passports sufficent with kids birth certificate for the visa?

I need to name change a couple of things of mine e.g Passport, Drivers Licence, and also need to get it attested apparently. So will do the passport first - pop into a local passport office and get it done on the day as quicker, and wont have to hand over my marriage cert. Then will get the cert attested at MK and then London UAE embassy. Then get drivers licence name changed.

Thanks
Old Jun 17th 2010, 10:53 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Kids Visas / Marriage Certificate?

Are you getting married ? Congratulations if you are
Old Jun 17th 2010, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

Yes tomorrow!!

Then we move to Dubai 3 weeks on Sunday! So I need to get passport changed, all certs attested and drivers licence name change.

I am thinking that I will get the passport done first, have appointment next Tuesday at the Passport Office.

Get all certificates attaested, Marriage and 2x Kids Birth next week too, trip to Milton Keynes Foreign and Commonwealth Office and then UAE Embassy in London.

Then amend my UK Drivers licence (Photo ID has also just expired on top of the name change) - this takes upto 15 days of course my this point we will be in Dubai. BUT thought I could post it Wednesday of next week, and get address changed to my parents address etc, they can then courier it to me in Dubai. So hopefully would arrive in Dubai 7-10 days after getting into Dubai ourselves?

Then I can then process the Kids Visas once received the Marriage Cert back.

Oooh so stressful!

Its a shame that DVLA don't do the same as the passport service, and can just hand all certs over to be checked and not actually post them off!
Old Jun 17th 2010, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

RubberMan has a brilliant futureRubberMan has a brilliant futureRubberMan has a brilliant futureRubberMan has a brilliant futureRubberMan has a brilliant futureRubberMan has a brilliant futureRubberMan has a brilliant future

You can save a bit of time and hassle by not changing name. My wife has just kept her maiden name for now and it has not caused any problems yet. I know its a personal choice and you might see it as essential for you but I just wanted to highlight that its not essential to have the same name over here as long as you have the marriage certificate.

Good luck and congrats
Old Jun 17th 2010, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RubberMan
You can save a bit of time and hassle by not changing name. My wife has just kept her maiden name for now and it has not caused any problems yet. I know its a personal choice and you might see it as essential for you but I just wanted to highlight that its not essential to have the same name over here as long as you have the marriage certificate.

Good luck and congrats
Thanks! it's ok they told me that if I get my passport name changed then I wont need to send anything off, as they can just do the ID check through the passport number apparently. So wont be too much hassle., and takesupto 3 weeks, so hopefully get it back in time, as can send it off after got the passport done on Tuesday, of course if not, I'm getting it redirected to parents house etc, so they can courier it out to me.

I just thought it would be easier, especially with the kids/schooling etc. Plus our oldest wants me to have same surname as him and his dad! lol how sweet.
Old Jun 21st 2010, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

OK....quick question with regards to kids birth certificates.

Do I get the full version attested or is the short version ok to be attested. Obviously the short version is the copy you automatically get free of charge, and the full version is payable.

I don't have a full version for my eldest.

I was hoping to go down to the FCO in Milton Keynes tomorrow and then UAE Embassy in London on Wednesday but don't want to trek all way down if the short verson is not valid / no good in Dubai?!

So any ANYONE attested or used their short version kids birth certificate ok in Dubai?

Thanks
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

mamijaka is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi will be grateful if you got an answer for this. I am about to attest my son's birth cert as well and wanted to know if I could do it on the short form one. He does not have the long version as it got lost. I am not sure how long it will take to get a long one as my employer s are anxious I DHL them all the attested docs so they can process my resident visa, which they say should beready for me by arrival in 3 week's time. Any help from anyone will be most helpful as I need to get to the FCO asap. thanks in advance for any replies.

Originally Posted by lisalou24
OK....quick question with regards to kids birth certificates.

Do I get the full version attested or is the short version ok to be attested. Obviously the short version is the copy you automatically get free of charge, and the full version is payable.

I don't have a full version for my eldest.

I was hoping to go down to the FCO in Milton Keynes tomorrow and then UAE Embassy in London on Wednesday but don't want to trek all way down if the short verson is not valid / no good in Dubai?!

So any ANYONE attested or used their short version kids birth certificate ok in Dubai?

Thanks