Reload this Page >

drivers license translation

drivers license translation

Old May 13th 2013, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

abudhabinewbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default drivers license translation

Hi

I went to infinity service today on muroor road to have my british drivers license translated so that i can obtian a UAE drivers license.

All they took was my card license and not the paper part. is this correct? what could they possibly have to translate on my card? From reading other posts you must have the paper copy to obtain a license. is this no longer the case?

thanks
Old May 14th 2013, 11:00 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: drivers license translation

Originally Posted by abudhabinewbie
Hi

I went to infinity service today on muroor road to have my british drivers license translated so that i can obtian a UAE drivers license.

All they took was my card license and not the paper part. is this correct? what could they possibly have to translate on my card? From reading other posts you must have the paper copy to obtain a license. is this no longer the case?

thanks
Translated?

If you have a full British license with paper counterpart as well then just get an eye test, an NOC and take to the RTA in Al Barsha by MoE.
Old May 14th 2013, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

abudhabinewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

this completly contradicts what i have read and been told

I was told to get it translated. I was also told that there was no need for a no objection letter. Can someone please confirm?

This is for Abu Dhabi
Old May 14th 2013, 1:14 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I was told to get it translated. I was also told that there was no need for a no objection letter. Can someone please confirm?

This is for Abu Dhabi
My driving license says UAE not Dubai so assuming it is the same process. Might be wrong.

The process I followed was;

NOC from Freezone I worked in
Eye test from Vision Express
Form filled out (did it on the day at the RTA)
Passport photos
Copies and originals of passport and visa
Copies and originals of paper part and plastic UK driving license.

Take it all. get it stamped

Wait

Pay 400ish dizzers

Wait

Get photo taken

Wait

Get license.

Leave.
Old May 14th 2013, 1:18 pm
Account Closed

God knows what you've read but this is a good place to start:

https://www.abudhabi.ae/egovPoolPort...lang=en#336838

Foreign Driving Licence Replacement
Holders of driving licences from the below mentioned countries may replace their licences in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi without having to pass a driving test.

Nationals of GCC countries, Australia, Austria, Denmark, Sweden, Germany, Norway, Austria, USA, Japan, Greece, Italy, Ireland, England, Belgium, Poland, Turkey, South Africa, Switzerland, France, Finland, Canada, South Korea, New Zealand, and Netherlands.

All is required is to have a valid residency in the UAE, take the eye test and pay the required fees at the Drivers Licensing Department. Further infomartion about the replacement requirements and procedure can be found in “Foreign Driving Licence Replacement” service in the left column of this page.
Process description

Please follow the steps below:
1.Submit the application and the required documents at the customer services centres of the Drivers Licensing Department.
2.Undergo the eye test.
3.Pay the fees and receive the UAE driving licence from the customer services centres of the Drivers Licensing Department.
Bizarrely it looks like you need it translated. I'd be amazed if there isn't a place to do that attached the licensing building.
Old May 14th 2013, 5:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

thanks
you should go to murour traffic dept to do all that is required for dl, no need to go to infinity etc. dont worry if they only took the car and not the paper, they just want to see that you have a uk licence, it has been known people with provisional licences getting them issued too.

you will need to get a no objection, if you are are muroor traffic ask behind the desk they will give you a profoma letter in arabic, just fill in the gaps, you need to do an eye test, and give them all the usual paperwork etc.
Old May 14th 2013, 5:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
God knows what you've read but this is a good place to start:

https://www.abudhabi.ae/egovPoolPort...lang=en#336838

Bizarrely it looks like you need it translated. I'd be amazed if there isn't a place to do that attached the licensing building.
there will be if they require it.
Old May 14th 2013, 5:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

also the fees for dubai have always been higher than abu dhabi.