Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

to doha or not to doha?

to doha or not to doha?

Old Sep 20th 2007, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

Mellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: to doha or not to doha?

DONT DO IT!!!!!

if you get the option of Dubai, bloody well take it, in fact outer Mongolia is a more appealing option than Doha!

The place is dead from the neck up, in fact the only thing working is below the waist and that is evident in any bar after 9pm at night.

Sorry to be so negative, but good god, noooooooooo

Old Sep 21st 2007, 10:34 am
expatmum2

LOL

I couldn't have put better myself.

Old Sep 21st 2007, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

silentpartner is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: to doha or not to doha?

Originally Posted by expatmum2
LOL

I couldn't have put better myself.
Hi all. Look I really don't like bashing any place as no where is perfect. We all look for different things in a place and different elements factor in to one's perception of 'livability'. All I can say is, Doha is not a great place but it is not all bad either. I know that someone looking for clarity is getting nowhere reading my two cents worth. One thing is for sure, if you have never lived in the gulf - Doha would be the worst place to form first impressions that will deter you from ever venturing to these parts, which I think is sad. The gulf has its own unique charm its own character albeit in less or more terms depending on where you are looking to live, what stage in life you are at, do you have kids or not, are you an outgoing sort I could on. Give it a go if you have nothing to lose, but don't rule out a place based on the opinion of people you may not know at all. That is not fair, if you ask ten people you will get ten different answers. At the end of the day you will either end up confused or clear, you will never know for sure unless you ask someone you know well and who would know what your expectations from a place would likely be. Good luck as always. Be safe, wherever you finally decide to go.
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 7:50 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zamboooka
a 27 year old in Doha!?
Dude... dont do it...!!!!
yes dont come here ... you will bore yourself to death
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 7:50 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigmamma
After living here for just over a year my advice would be don't do it. Doha has to be the most boring place ever. I know a guy the same age as you and he has been here 5 months and is desperate to leave. There's not a community feel and no one is really keen to make friends unless you are the right grade in the office or drive a particular car or live in a particular compound !!!!

Thankfully we are outta here soon and hopefully will not be back.

Oh and it's very expensive.
are you bigmama the one i know?
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 7:41 am
Just Joined

bigmamma is just really nicebigmamma is just really nicebigmamma is just really nicebigmamma is just really nicebigmamma is just really nicebigmamma is just really nicebigmamma is just really nicebigmamma is just really nice

Don't know but if you tell me how you know me then maybe I can tell you for sure.
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with my fellow inmates, don't come here if you can somehow avoid it, it is really awful!
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 1:23 pm
semarang

Don't know but if you tell me how you know me then maybe I can tell you for sure.
does eviloops ring a bell???
Old Sep 24th 2007, 4:27 am
Just Joined

bigmamma is just really nicebigmamma is just really nicebigmamma is just really nicebigmamma is just really nicebigmamma is just really nicebigmamma is just really nicebigmamma is just really nicebigmamma is just really nice

No sorry it doesn't
Old Sep 24th 2007, 6:24 am
semarang

No sorry it doesn't
i think i got the wrong person. Sorry ...
Old Sep 24th 2007, 6:53 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by novita77
i think i got the wrong person. Sorry ...
are you still looking to move to colder climes?