Doha or Muscat

Old Jun 2nd 2014, 6:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Debowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really nice
Default Re: Doha or Muscat

Okay-they gave me basic salary 36,000 QAR p.m. with car, but gotto find my own accommodation, I have a wife and a young boy of 3 years old. Any ideas? Is this amount a bit on the low side? I would think so...

What would a 2 bedroom flat cost or a small compound villa cost (monthly rent)

I like the wastelands near south salwa road, or rayan...that is semi near to the work areas...Opinions?

As for Muscat, that involves staying in my present company and getting transferred there...
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 3:54 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Debowing
Okay-they gave me basic salary 36,000 QAR p.m. with car, but gotto find my own accommodation, I have a wife and a young boy of 3 years old. Any ideas? Is this amount a bit on the low side? I would think so...

What would a 2 bedroom flat cost or a small compound villa cost (monthly rent)

I like the wastelands near south salwa road, or rayan...that is semi near to the work areas...Opinions?

As for Muscat, that involves staying in my present company and getting transferred there...
3 Bedroom villas start around 11,000 but the prices are rising and quality is shite . Abu Hammour / Al Waab / An Khalid are the areas you should have a look at .

The digs and any schooling is gonna suck the life out of it . Livings not cheap here and it can eat into your basic very very quickly , also take into consideration set up cost and all the crap that goes with it and you'll shell out a lot of cash just to get started.

It can be done and of course it's relative to your current location but my advice always is to get as much on your deal as possible , nail the specifics down and get everything written into the contract. I find a lot of companies are offering one shop deals and people don't realise the hidden costs of Doha and the day to day drudgery of Qatar in general .

Go for more .
Old Jun 4th 2014, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Debowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really nice

Now they are low balling me----they claim that my previous asked salary amount was over-budget and that I should accept a lower amount....I think I am going to pass on this one...
Old Jun 10th 2014, 7:01 am
BE Enthusiast

So the final offer is 34,000 QAR, got to arrange my own accommodation (2 bed townhouse or something like that in southern areas near to salwa road), my own wheels, maybe school for the little man (he is 3 years old now) I am a bit wary of the Probation Period.
What do you think guys?
Old Jun 10th 2014, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

gottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to all

So the final offer is 34,000 QAR, got to arrange my own accommodation (2 bed townhouse or something like that in southern areas near to salwa road), my own wheels, maybe school for the little man (he is 3 years old now) I am a bit wary of the Probation Period.
What do you think guys?
Well we all keep chasing salaries down and they go down every year; soon they will bottom out at the same as the TCNs (Third Country Nationals as we used to call them, but I understand that that might not be PC any more) then we will have global equality. I am glad I have done my time and I can retire.

You can live on 34,000 QAR.

Probation period is standard - don't worry at that salary you will not be on the radar.
Old Jun 21st 2014, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Finalised to remain in my company and be transferred to Muscat, sorry Doha, maybe next time...Should be in Muscat in two weeks or so...
Old Jun 21st 2014, 8:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Finalised to remain in my company and be transferred to Muscat, sorry Doha, maybe next time...Should be in Muscat in two weeks or so...
Good call.