Doha bound

Old Sep 5th 2012, 9:44 am
Just Joined

Team UK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Doha bound

Hey hey my dear British expats!

I´m a 30 year old British guy thats moving alone to Doha in a couple of days to do proffesional sports for 10 months.

What im worried about after reading alot of threads in here that im gonna die of boredom!! I will not be working during the days and only training maybe 2-3h 5-6 days a week so that means aloooot of freetime!

To be honest i dont think i will be hanging around that much with my arab teammates so im hoping to meet up with you guys and have some fun.

What do you usually do in the evenings? Anyone here play golf? Do you guys have regular partys/get togethers?

I dont know yet where im gonna live but i will have a flat somewhere and a car so i can get around pretty easy i hope.

Anyway, if there is anything i should know before coming like things i should bring etc etc please tell me.

Feel free to give me as much info as possible

Hope to see you guys!
Old Sep 5th 2012, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doha bound

I sincerely hope that you are gay. It might help pass the time.
Old Sep 5th 2012, 10:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mentalist
I sincerely hope that you are gay. It might help pass the time.
Haha no im not! Come on, it can´t be that bad!
Old Sep 5th 2012, 10:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

have you actually done any research or are you just looking into this a couple of days before you travel?

Lets just say you won't have any distractions!
Old Sep 5th 2012, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Cool

What line of professional sport?

My guess is Kabaddi
Old Sep 5th 2012, 10:46 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by kittycat1
have you actually done any research or are you just looking into this a couple of days before you travel?

Lets just say you won't have any distractions!
The contract i got offered is hard to say no to .. and its just for 10 Months of my life! Im thinking of it as an experience and hope to make the most of it.
Old Sep 5th 2012, 10:48 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by saudiflares
Cool

What line of professional sport?

My guess is Kabaddi

Hehe looks interesing but no
Old Sep 5th 2012, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Team UK
Hehe looks interesing but no
Fitba?
Old Sep 5th 2012, 11:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

have you ever noticed how when your having fun, time goes reallly quickly and when your bored its realllllllllllllllllllly slow... 10 months can feel like a long time!
Old Sep 5th 2012, 11:15 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by kittycat1
have you ever noticed how when your having fun, time goes reallly quickly and when your bored its realllllllllllllllllllly slow... 10 months can feel like a long time!
Yeah thats true of course! But im going there openminded and hoping to meet some nice people and have some good times. Shouldnt be impossible i guess!
Old Sep 5th 2012, 11:50 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope you drink. If you do there is plenty to do. If you don't, I hope you like shopping and have a stack of cash - You also have to be a medium to fit into any of the clothes here...........
Old Sep 5th 2012, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Hey hey my dear British expats!

I´m a 30 year old British guy thats moving alone to Doha in a couple of days to do proffesional sports for 10 months.

What im worried about after reading alot of threads in here that im gonna die of boredom!! I will not be working during the days and only training maybe 2-3h 5-6 days a week so that means aloooot of freetime!

To be honest i dont think i will be hanging around that much with my arab teammates so im hoping to meet up with you guys and have some fun.

What do you usually do in the evenings? Anyone here play golf? Do you guys have regular partys/get togethers?

I dont know yet where im gonna live but i will have a flat somewhere and a car so i can get around pretty easy i hope.

Anyway, if there is anything i should know before coming like things i should bring etc etc please tell me.

Feel free to give me as much info as possible

Hope to see you guys!
There's a class golf course some canny bars and more than a few good restaurants . There's droves of teachers and spare units you can horse into as well.

Dubai is only 1 hour away and Qatar Airways fly everywhere . A young single fella with a few bob ion his pocket will have a decent time out here.

Good Luck
Old Sep 5th 2012, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by co durham boy
There's a class golf course some canny bars and more than a few good restaurants . There's droves of teachers and spare units you can horse into as well.

Dubai is only 1 hour away and Qatar Airways fly everywhere . A young single fella with a few bob ion his pocket will have a decent time out here.

Good Luck

Thanks for the reply guys.

Never say no to a few or more drinks of course depending if i have matches etc etc.

What would you say i should do to get to meet people when i get there? Or maybe where should i go is a better question. Any favourite places?

Oh, what about Premier League? I hope they have places they show some footy!
Old Sep 5th 2012, 12:04 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Never say no to a few or more drinks of course depending if i have matches etc etc.

What would you say i should do to get to meet people when i get there? Or maybe where should i go is a better question. Any favourite places?

You can watch every game here, and some reasonable bars to watch them in. I usually head to Champions in the Marriott for games and it has a happy hour whilst they are on (Saturdays 5-7)

I will get you on your way with your 1st night out.
Old Sep 5th 2012, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Loads of places mate , have a look at www.timeoutdoha.com and www.qatarhappening.com

Doha Rugby Club is a favorite hang out for expats as well . There's a pretty lively Friday Brunch scene and a couple of good beach clubs .

It all costs money though , 50 quid for the beach and 7 quid a pint aint a cheap day out .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.