Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Doha Accommodation?

Doha Accommodation?

Old May 25th 2006, 4:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doha Accommodation?

The good news is that the company have found us accommodation which we can decide if we wish to keep it and look elsewhere once arrived in Doha.
Its a 2 bed apartment, furnished and been described as 'adequate'...mmm....can imagine!
Needless to say I am sending hubby out alone first, wait to see what the place is like then I may follow for a long holiday
Old May 25th 2006, 4:28 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Rascal
The good news is that the company have found us accommodation which we can decide if we wish to keep it and look elsewhere once arrived in Doha.
Its a 2 bed apartment, furnished and been described as 'adequate'...mmm....can imagine!
Needless to say I am sending hubby out alone first, wait to see what the place is like then I may follow for a long holiday
'Adequate' might not be too bad. From what I remember of Doha apartments, although nothing flash they are usually large, clean, air conditioned and have balconies. I've certainly seen a lot worse here in Sydney.
Old May 25th 2006, 4:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

Oh that sounds good then. It belonged to a staff member who has become very ill and is having to go home to the Uk, they doubt he will be back. Its a 2 bed with cooker, washer, TV etc for 4500QR pm, so it sounds basic compared to todays prices. We have seen others at 7500QR which look (from the pixs) quite smart.
I just hope it aint a dump!
Old May 25th 2006, 4:33 am

Oh that sounds good then. It belonged to a staff member who has become very ill and is having to go home to the Uk, they doubt he will be back. Its a 2 bed with cooker, washer, TV etc for 4500QR pm, so it sounds basic compared to todays prices. We have seen others at 7500QR which look (from the pixs) quite smart.
I just hope it aint a dump!
Do you know where it is though?
Old May 25th 2006, 4:33 am
BE Forum Addict

As long as it is clean and fairly up to date, that should do us. After all, I wont be there full time for 1st 12 months, I hope to be hopping between here in NZ and Doha.
Jetset lifestyle lol
Old May 25th 2006, 4:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by gedge
Do you know where it is though?
No, not yet, but hope to find out soon. The new boss from Uk has just recently arrived in Doha, and he will be meeting my hubby at the airport. They said if he doesn't like the apartment, he has 3 months notice to give and he can look around until he finds something more suitable.
I just hope it isn't too far away from the offices he will be working in, which is somewhere near the Sheraton Hotel I believe.
Old May 25th 2006, 4:37 am
BE Forum Addict

& I will be spending time at the shopping malls anyway lol
Been deprived of decent shopping since living here.
Old May 25th 2006, 4:44 am

& I will be spending time at the shopping malls anyway lol
Been deprived of decent shopping since living here.
Where abouts in NZ are you then? I remember seeing a couple of shops in Auckland
Old May 25th 2006, 5:24 am
BE Forum Addict

In Hamilton NZ, nice enough place but its a pity its in NZ! lol
Woke me up when I went over to OZ last year, remembered what civilisation was. lol
Old May 25th 2006, 5:31 am

In Hamilton NZ, nice enough place but its a pity its in NZ! lol
Woke me up when I went over to OZ last year, remembered what civilisation was. lol
Never made it there, but it doesn't look that bad.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamilton,_New_Zealand
Doha ain't gonna be much of an improvement - lol.
Old May 25th 2006, 5:45 am
BE Forum Addict

No it wont but havingf decent shops and supermarkets with decent food will be an improvement in itself....and if it has trains..well, wow, we are really coming up in the world.
Old May 25th 2006, 5:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Always liked living here in Hamilton, its central to most things, its just the rest of life in NZ that is crap. poor wages, high prices, limited choice and the drivers............ :scared:
Mind you, I love racing and motor sports so its a great challenge each day to get into the city in one peice.
Old May 25th 2006, 5:49 am

Always liked living here in Hamilton, its central to most things, its just the rest of life in NZ that is crap. poor wages, high prices, limited choice and the drivers............ :scared:
Mind you, I love racing and motor sports so its a great challenge each day to get into the city in one peice.
You might enjoy a bit of dune bashing in a 4wd then. The roads can be a bit hairy too.
Old May 25th 2006, 5:50 am

No it wont but havingf decent shops and supermarkets with decent food will be an improvement in itself....and if it has trains..well, wow, we are really coming up in the world.
Hope they've improved a lot since i left in 89.
Old May 25th 2006, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by gedge
You might enjoy a bit of dune bashing in a 4wd then. The roads can be a bit hairy too.
I used to think the Italians were the worst drivers in the world, until I came to live in NZ! lol I have to say, they now hold the world record.....but...maybe Doha can beat them for the title

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.