Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

do you want to do this???

do you want to do this???

Old Apr 19th 2007, 7:27 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default do you want to do this???

I have just received this email from the UK - any of you fancy taking part?? I am too old!!

I'm a journalist based in England (although this time last week I was sunning myself at the Royal Mirage in Dubai!) and I've been commissioned by the Daily Mail - for whom I do a lot of work - to find four British ex-pat women living in Dubai for a feature. The angle is a real insight into what it's like to live in Dubai with all the glitz, glamour, oppulence, oppressive summer heat, nightmare traffic, Arab traditions etc. The ideal candidates will be attractive, photogenic ladies in their late 20s to early 40s, some who've chosen to move to Dubai for a better life, others who've moved their with their own careers or because of their husbands' jobs etc. I'd need telephone interviews with each (probably 30 mins per person) and also to arrange for each lady to be photographed in situ in Dubai. We would aim to send a hair and make-up lady along too for some pampering. I wondered if you might know of any willing ladies who fit the bill that you could put me in touch with? I need to turn
this around quite quickly so it would be great if you could come back to me in the next two days. Look forward to hearing from you.
Sadie Nicholas - 0044 7748 907095
Old Apr 19th 2007, 10:56 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: do you want to do this???

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I have just received this email from the UK - any of you fancy taking part?? I am too old!!

I'm a journalist based in England (although this time last week I was sunning myself at the Royal Mirage in Dubai!) and I've been commissioned by the Daily Mail - for whom I do a lot of work - to find four British ex-pat women living in Dubai for a feature. The angle is a real insight into what it's like to live in Dubai with all the glitz, glamour, oppulence, oppressive summer heat, nightmare traffic, Arab traditions etc. The ideal candidates will be attractive, photogenic ladies in their late 20s to early 40s, some who've chosen to move to Dubai for a better life, others who've moved their with their own careers or because of their husbands' jobs etc. I'd need telephone interviews with each (probably 30 mins per person) and also to arrange for each lady to be photographed in situ in Dubai. We would aim to send a hair and make-up lady along too for some pampering. I wondered if you might know of any willing ladies who fit the bill that you could put me in touch with? I need to turn
this around quite quickly so it would be great if you could come back to me in the next two days. Look forward to hearing from you.
**** the Daily Mail.

Attractive? Photogenic? They must think this place is so shallow.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Geordi, can you PPPLLLEEEAAASSEEE send them to Doha, would looove to tell them about the place!!!!!!!
Old Apr 19th 2007, 11:32 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
**** the Daily Mail.

Attractive? Photogenic? They must think this place is so shallow.
I heard photoshop can do wonders...
Old Apr 19th 2007, 11:55 am
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a job for me!

Paint on loads of slap, frosted lens on the camera.
Me ...Standing in front of the Burj Dubai in a pile of dust, wearing my high heels and carring Anthea Turners trade mark feather duster.
Photo taken as I dust the Burj Dubai.
Caption Housewife sweep up Dubai!
How lovely is that!
Old Apr 19th 2007, 1:31 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lady Lou
Geordi, can you PPPLLLEEEAAASSEEE send them to Doha, would looove to tell them about the place!!!!!!!
get in touch with her and tell her ! nothing to lose!
Old Apr 19th 2007, 1:32 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by twinkle-star
Sounds like a job for me!

Paint on loads of slap, frosted lens on the camera.
Me ...Standing in front of the Burj Dubai in a pile of dust, wearing my high heels and carring Anthea Turners trade mark feather duster.
Photo taken as I dust the Burj Dubai.
Caption Housewife sweep up Dubai!
How lovely is that!
Old Apr 19th 2007, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

get in touch with her and tell her ! nothing to lose!
Who do I call ?
And I don't think she'll like me after I said what there is to say!!!!!!!
Did you get pm?
Old Apr 20th 2007, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

expat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond reputeexpat.brat has a reputation beyond repute

You should probably post this on expat ***********

The ideal candidates will be attractive...
Oh wait never mind..
Old Apr 21st 2007, 5:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

This gig is reserved only for Geordies...That's the impression I got after the conversation...
Old Apr 21st 2007, 6:00 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by expat.brat
You should probably post this on expat ***********

Oh wait never mind..
I am banned
Old Apr 21st 2007, 7:05 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
This gig is reserved only for Geordies...That's the impression I got after the conversation...
If it's just for Geordies, then they'll require the obligatory blue bruises on there H & M denim mini skirts!
Old Apr 21st 2007, 7:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MJC
If it's just for Geordies, then they'll require the obligatory blue bruises on there H & M denim mini skirts!
Expert advice...Noted sire...