British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   do you want to do this??? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/do-you-want-do-443302/)

Blue Cat Apr 19th 2007 7:27 am

do you want to do this???

I have just received this email from the UK - any of you fancy taking part?? I am too old!! :lol:

I'm a journalist based in England (although this time last week I was sunning myself at the Royal Mirage in Dubai!) and I've been commissioned by the Daily Mail - for whom I do a lot of work - to find four British ex-pat women living in Dubai for a feature. The angle is a real insight into what it's like to live in Dubai with all the glitz, glamour, oppulence, oppressive summer heat, nightmare traffic, Arab traditions etc. The ideal candidates will be attractive, photogenic ladies in their late 20s to early 40s, some who've chosen to move to Dubai for a better life, others who've moved their with their own careers or because of their husbands' jobs etc. I'd need telephone interviews with each (probably 30 mins per person) and also to arrange for each lady to be photographed in situ in Dubai. We would aim to send a hair and make-up lady along too for some pampering. I wondered if you might know of any willing ladies who fit the bill that you could put me in touch with? I need to turn
this around quite quickly so it would be great if you could come back to me in the next two days. Look forward to hearing from you.
Sadie Nicholas - 0044 7748 907095

littlejimmy Apr 19th 2007 10:56 am

Re: do you want to do this???

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 4665639)
I have just received this email from the UK - any of you fancy taking part?? I am too old!! :lol:

I'm a journalist based in England (although this time last week I was sunning myself at the Royal Mirage in Dubai!) and I've been commissioned by the Daily Mail - for whom I do a lot of work - to find four British ex-pat women living in Dubai for a feature. The angle is a real insight into what it's like to live in Dubai with all the glitz, glamour, oppulence, oppressive summer heat, nightmare traffic, Arab traditions etc. The ideal candidates will be attractive, photogenic ladies in their late 20s to early 40s, some who've chosen to move to Dubai for a better life, others who've moved their with their own careers or because of their husbands' jobs etc. I'd need telephone interviews with each (probably 30 mins per person) and also to arrange for each lady to be photographed in situ in Dubai. We would aim to send a hair and make-up lady along too for some pampering. I wondered if you might know of any willing ladies who fit the bill that you could put me in touch with? I need to turn
this around quite quickly so it would be great if you could come back to me in the next two days. Look forward to hearing from you.

**** the Daily Mail.

Attractive? Photogenic? They must think this place is so shallow.

Alexa Apr 19th 2007 11:05 am

Geordi, can you PPPLLLEEEAAASSEEE send them to Doha, would looove to tell them about the place!!!!!!!;)

MataHari Apr 19th 2007 11:32 am

Originally Posted by littlejimmy (Post 4666477)
**** the Daily Mail.

Attractive? Photogenic? They must think this place is so shallow.

I heard photoshop can do wonders...

twinkle-star Apr 19th 2007 11:55 am

Sounds like a job for me!

Paint on loads of slap, frosted lens on the camera.
Me ...Standing in front of the Burj Dubai in a pile of dust, wearing my high heels and carring Anthea Turners trade mark feather duster.
Photo taken as I dust the Burj Dubai.
Caption Housewife sweep up Dubai!
How lovely is that!:rofl:

Blue Cat Apr 19th 2007 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by Lady Lou (Post 4666519)
Geordi, can you PPPLLLEEEAAASSEEE send them to Doha, would looove to tell them about the place!!!!!!!;)

get in touch with her and tell her ! nothing to lose!

Blue Cat Apr 19th 2007 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by twinkle-star (Post 4666680)
Sounds like a job for me!

Paint on loads of slap, frosted lens on the camera.
Me ...Standing in front of the Burj Dubai in a pile of dust, wearing my high heels and carring Anthea Turners trade mark feather duster.
Photo taken as I dust the Burj Dubai.
Caption Housewife sweep up Dubai!
How lovely is that!:rofl:

:rofl:

Alexa Apr 19th 2007 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 4667127)
get in touch with her and tell her ! nothing to lose!

Who do I call ?
And I don't think she'll like me after I said what there is to say!!!!!!!:rofl:
Did you get pm?

expat.brat Apr 20th 2007 7:00 pm

You should probably post this on expat ***********

The ideal candidates will be attractive...

Oh wait never mind..

Confucius Apr 21st 2007 5:27 am

This gig is reserved only for Geordies...That's the impression I got after the conversation...

Blue Cat Apr 21st 2007 6:00 am

Originally Posted by expat.brat (Post 4674016)
You should probably post this on expat ***********

Oh wait never mind..

I am banned :rofl:

MJC Apr 21st 2007 7:05 am

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 4675914)
This gig is reserved only for Geordies...That's the impression I got after the conversation...

If it's just for Geordies, then they'll require the obligatory blue bruises on there H & M denim mini skirts!

Confucius Apr 21st 2007 7:09 am

Originally Posted by MJC (Post 4676069)
If it's just for Geordies, then they'll require the obligatory blue bruises on there H & M denim mini skirts!

Expert advice...Noted sire...