Dentist

Old Jan 17th 2012, 4:18 pm
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dentist

Does anyone know what the going rate for an exam and fillings are? I've been putting off getting my teeth seen to for a while now, but it's getting to the point when I eat chocolate, I'm getting really bad pains in some of my teeth.

Having looked in the mirror, I'm probably going to need around 4-5 fillings :s (It's not that I don't look after my teeth. My bottom set are too tight and so cause cracks in each other and hey presto food gets in, while I never developed one of the teeth in the top set so food can easily get to the side of the teeth where it's hard to brush)

I guess it's going to be around AED3,000-4,000 but I'm hoping they were just the prices during the boom.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 8:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dentist

Hey fluffy,

I go to drs nicolas in Jumeriah who I had heard was quite expensive but they were recommended and as a nervous patient wanted to go somewhere good and I received excellent treatment. I have been twice now, once for a filling-(my old filling fell out taking half the tooth with it- I should point out they basically had to rebuild the tooth, it was very close to being a root canal)the dr was amazing as Im not a big fan of dentists generally but she was very good- she told me I will need a root canal in the future so offered me a temporary filling which touch wood -has lasted a year- she had to use 2 lots of paste- 2 xrays and the general exam- price was 870- exam 150, xrays 70 each, filling 265 each. Dr Atheel Kinaia.

The second time I went was for an emergency extraction of my wisdom tooth, very cute dr btw 2 xrays- 70 each, emergency consutation- 150 and extraction 350- total 640- its the first time Ive had a tooth out and I was scared shitless but he was amazing- helped he had pretty eyes to stare into, i did cry a bit as it felt uncomfortable rather than painful and he was very sweet and didnt make me feel like an idiot- he didnt offer me a lolly though... Dr Chris Johansson

I would strongly recommend them and would definately go back to them for other treatment. phone no 043947777 Jumeriah branch- I think they also have a branch in Barsha.

I would recommend getting a friend to take you as i go a bit funny with annastetic- I wouldn't have been good to drive (not that I have a car)and had to try and wave down a cab which is the hardest thing when your crying/laughing/crying/generally looking a bit crazy...
Old Jan 18th 2012, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

I paid Dhs150 for two fillings the other day performed by a lovely Indian lady, but that was in a Karama clinic which would be too Third Worldly for most guys on here.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 8:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

mentalist,

I am sure there are some awesome dentists in karama however the first good recommendation I got was the above so I went- not because they were in Juemriah but because they were recommended by several people- and yes in regards to my health i am prepared to pay for a good service- if someone had given me actual first hand recommendation from someone in Karama I would have gone there but I wouldn't blindly risk it otherwise. If you have personal experience of one why not recommend them rather than putting other posters down as snobs for going to posh places.

Old Jan 18th 2012, 9:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=744661
Old Jan 18th 2012, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

winter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to all

Hi, I need a good dentist, where abouts are they in Jumeirah?
Old Jan 18th 2012, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

ManboobsGalore is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll do it for free, just find me a job and you're sorted!
Old Jan 18th 2012, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

Jackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to all

Brirish Dental Clinic on Al Wasl Road, ask for Dr Joy, don't ask how much, but she's good.
Old Jan 19th 2012, 6:22 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
mentalist...if you have personal experience of one why not recommend them rather than putting other posters down as snobs for going to posh places.
I would never publicly recommend anyone for anything on here, as it's likely to bite you in the arse later. If anyone wants the name and location of my Karama dentist, feel free to PM me for a private recommendation...incidentally, Kittykat, I would never classify you as a snob.
Old Jan 19th 2012, 8:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Deanetta has also just come back from Dr Nicolas for the first time........ seems happy enough with the work.............

Otherwise I recommend Dubai Sky Clinic in Burjuman Tower (although the little German lady [Ulrike something] who is very good has just left to go to one of the Jumeirah clinics - maybe Dr Nicolas?).

Last edited by The Dean; Jan 19th 2012 at 8:58 am. Reason: .