Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

DEAN & MARANELLO expertise needed!

DEAN & MARANELLO expertise needed!

Old Dec 29th 2007, 1:57 pm
uxb
Just Joined

uxb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DEAN & MARANELLO expertise needed!

hello folks I'm new here, I've been skimming for a while and I've seen you two are the top authorities, so I'll take advantage of your precious expertise. inshallah.
I'm an Italian single male, 40sh, due to spend some 18 months in Riyadh on a gov't assignment partly at the diplomatic quarter partly at King Saud University. I have been offered to stay within the diplomatic premises but my sources seems too agree life is dead bleak in there, and I am therefore inclined to seek accommodation in one of the western compounds, where I can hope to keep myself as happy and comfy as I can under the circumstances (I am aware it is definitely not going to be great fun anyways..) mix up in a friendly international environment and maybe have the opportunity to meet other singles.
what is your advice? what would be the best choice among the various options, (fal? najd?) given my requirements and the logistics involved (I have yet no clear notion of where is where in the city)? I have good money to spend.
I passionately thank you in advance. feel free to attach any other suggestion you might deem sensible in order to improve my quality of life ('stick tight to your jolly peninsula' not being an option..)
Old Dec 29th 2007, 2:43 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DEAN & MARANELLO expertise needed!

I am sure the Dean will be along soon Hope it all works out well for you
Old Dec 29th 2007, 4:40 pm
uxb
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Thanks a lot blue cat, I can always use some simpathy!
Old Dec 29th 2007, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

the bat is a splendid one to beholdthe bat is a splendid one to beholdthe bat is a splendid one to beholdthe bat is a splendid one to beholdthe bat is a splendid one to beholdthe bat is a splendid one to beholdthe bat is a splendid one to beholdthe bat is a splendid one to beholdthe bat is a splendid one to beholdthe bat is a splendid one to beholdthe bat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by uxb
Thanks a lot blue cat, I can always use some simpathy!
why do you need sympathy uxb.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 5:58 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the bat
why do you need sympathy uxb.
cos Saudi aint exactly a bed of roses
Old Dec 29th 2007, 6:57 pm

beebee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I think The dean said he was in the UK till the New Year, sure he will be back online when he is back in the boring kingdom.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 7:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Go to Kingdom City Compound, best place in Riyadh.
They have very nice hotel suites or serviced apartments.

+ 966 1 2750275
Old Dec 29th 2007, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

If you like playing golf then you may want to consider Arizona compound.
Old Dec 30th 2007, 1:41 am
uxb
Just Joined

Originally Posted by benzonar
If you like playing golf then you may want to consider Arizona compound.
thanks everybody!
no golf I'm afraid.. more likely skiing and sailing. why, don't I want some sympathy?!
is that kingdom compound very far from everything?
Old Jan 4th 2008, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

maranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to all

Good luck with the new role. I stayed in the Green City Compound which was excellent. Location was superb and the place was nice, but the only thing I will say is that it was more of a family compound.

Arabian Homes is much more western style, and location was also OK, but not as good. I was looking for something less western and more Islamically orientated so went with Green City. Sorry I cant help more.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 8:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uxb
thanks everybody!
no golf I'm afraid.. more likely skiing and sailing. why, don't I want some sympathy?!
is that kingdom compound very far from everything?
Takes about 15 mins to go down to Olaya, hope that helps.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 11:21 pm
uxb
Just Joined

Thank you folks, thanks indeed. very nice lot, all of you. hope I find the same when I am down there.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 5:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lady Lou
Takes about 15 mins to go down to Olaya, hope that helps.
Kingdom? Full I'm afraid... so is Arizona, Eid, Najd......... Arabian Homes have built some new places but I have no idea about availability.

See my new thread for other info.

Have your new employers got any places they are hanging on to?
Old Jan 5th 2008, 11:18 pm
uxb
Just Joined

Originally Posted by The Dean
Kingdom? Full I'm afraid... so is Arizona, Eid, Najd......... Arabian Homes have built some new places but I have no idea about availability.

See my new thread for other info.

Have your new employers got any places they are hanging on to?
no they offer to set me up on dq but people say it's requiem after 5pm.
I've emailed kingdom but no reply. how long is the queue to get in there, your guess? and what would it cost? sorry about extranagging you pal but, whereabouts is najd located? is it any good? - can't spot it on googleearth plus they have no website that I know of - is fal very melting-pot oriented?
thanks! when I make it to kingdom pepsis are on me