Reload this Page >

Dan Marsdens Issues

Dan Marsdens Issues

Old Nov 11th 2004, 8:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation
Default Re: Dan Marsdens Issues

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Hey, maybe I just haven't been meeting the right guys!

I DO like Abba ...
Really dating yourself there......
Old Nov 11th 2004, 8:28 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DanMarsden
hahaha.. well, you've met one NOW!!!!

Wait, gays like Abba??? :scared:
I get the feeling I'm digging a hole here!
Old Nov 11th 2004, 8:29 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by willmore
Really dating yourself there......
Nah, not really, Abba by proxy really ... I was a member of the Official Queen Fan Club though, which is a bit more worrying for the missus ... still got the jacket with huge patch on the back, dunno how I survived in the 80s
Old Nov 11th 2004, 8:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Nah, not really, Abba by proxy really ... I was a member of the Official Queen Fan Club though, which is a bit more worrying for the missus ... still got the jacket with huge patch on the back, dunno how I survived in the 80s
That was one talented band and I'm not a big fan of that type of music....but some of their songs were totally outstanding. I was very sad to hear of Mercury's death.....but he had looked unwell for some time.....a real talent lost........
Old Nov 11th 2004, 8:31 pm
Banned

DanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to all

I get the feeling I'm digging a hole here!
Yeah, be afraid. Be very afraid. I am a stalker.

edit: (oops, forgot the sarcasm tag )
Old Nov 11th 2004, 8:39 pm
Account Closed

That was one talented band and I'm not a big fan of that type of music....but some of their songs were totally outstanding. I was very sad to hear of Mercury's death.....but he had looked unwell for some time.....a real talent lost........
Indeed, a total showman, shame I got into them too late too seem 'em live (did go to the tribute gig at Wembley though).

Shame about all the nonsense that's happened after too but I guess nothing is sacred when there are royalties to be earnt.
Old Nov 11th 2004, 8:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Indeed, a total showman, shame I got into them too late too seem 'em live (did go to the tribute gig at Wembley though).

Shame about all the nonsense that's happened after too but I guess nothing is sacred when there are royalties to be earnt.
Yes, they were a bit before my time as well.....but that was "real talent" compared to some of the garbage today......

You are so lucky to be at that tribute at Wembley....saw it on TV, but the effect wasn't the same.......

Did the band dismantle after his death? I just haven't heard much of anything about them and also what happened about the royalties....what was the problem?

Talk to you later....we have sunshine....so going to the beach with my kids....
Old Nov 11th 2004, 8:52 pm
Account Closed

Yes, they were a bit before my time as well.....but that was "real talent" compared to some of the garbage today......

You are so lucky to be at that tribute at Wembley....saw it on TV, but the effect wasn't the same.......

Did the band dismantle after his death? I just haven't heard much of anything about them and also what happened about the royalties....what was the problem?

Talk to you later....we have sunshine....so going to the beach with my kids....
I'm afraid the band officially carried on (without John Deacon's approval or participation ... which has earnt him total respect from me).

Bad collaborations followed, and dodgy compilation "repackages" with extra tracks that were substandard ... the usual stuff. It all dilutes the memory of a great band, like all those bad-quality posthumous Jimi Hendrix albums.

Enjoy the beach! Catching rays (UV not cathode) good ...
Old Nov 12th 2004, 2:10 am
Banned

DanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to all

Hahaha, Willmore, you claimed I'd be a good lawyer, take a look at this, a glitch in the "professor's" marking scheme....

She translated my 61/100 to a D-. Here's the university marking scheme:

A+ (90-100%) = 9
A (80-89%) = 8
B+ (75-79.99%) = 7
B (70-74.99%) = 6
C+ (65-69.99%) = 5
C (60-64.99%) = 4
D+ (55-59.99%) = 3
D (50-54.99%) = 2
E (40-49.99%) = 1
F (0-39.99%) = 0

Even by her NUMBER grade, I get a C. hahaha... I am sure she will argue that she can always change her NUMBER marking scheme and lower my grade to a REAL D (by university standards), but she can't do that, firstly because once it's done, it's done, she can't lower my grade, second because she has marked the questions using NUMBER grades rather than letter grades. Hahaha, that is for sure her demise. Her basis, then, is the number grade. So she cannot give me a letter grade and say that the NUMBER grade corresponds to the letter grade. What she had to do was take the number grade and TRANSLATE it to a letter grade by UNIVERSITY standards, NOT her own. So I should've gotten a C. That's for starters. No dispute about what I had written down involved. Clean.
Old Nov 12th 2004, 1:51 pm
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

hmmm this is one FXXX'ed up thread....
Old Nov 12th 2004, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

CalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really nice

Well this thread has made me feel better. I would normally feel guilty for enjoying Dan's agony, but since his upset is over nothing, I will enjoy it guilt free.

My advice Dan would be to drop it and move on. This professor probably isn't the first a-hole you've met in life and sure won't be the last.
Old Nov 12th 2004, 6:54 pm
Banned

since his upset is over nothing
I'm not upset at her idiocy. She can practise it all she wants, as long as it doesn't effect my marks. I am actually being very nice to her. I e-mailed her and got an appointment, I will be going to her office and demanding that my grade be immediately upped to C according to university grading system, and then we can discuss my answers, etc. I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt after all that. If she doesn't take it and change my grade, she will fully enjoy 3 weeks of my wrath in class.
Old Nov 12th 2004, 7:05 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not upset at her idiocy. She can practise it all she wants, as long as it doesn't effect my marks. I am actually being very nice to her. I e-mailed her and got an appointment, I will be going to her office and demanding that my grade be immediately upped to C according to university grading system, and then we can discuss my answers, etc. I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt after all that. If she doesn't take it and change my grade, she will fully enjoy 3 weeks of my wrath in class.
Hello Dan... u woke up on the wrong side of the bed again???
Old Nov 12th 2004, 7:20 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by novita77
Hello Dan... u woke up on the wrong side of the bed again???
No, I woke up just fine. I had a great day too. How about you?
Old Nov 12th 2004, 7:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well, I guess this can be considered a "little bit of maturity"....at least you made an appointment with her to discuss the problem. The other day....you weren't even willing to do that much.

I would really "be cool" with her Dan.....making her life an living hell isn't the answer and only gives you a really bad reputation....and if you're concerned that this grade may affect your chances of getting into grad school.....I would play along, it's not much longer till the year will be over.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.