Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Considering on relocating to Dubai ... What is the best way to find a job

Considering on relocating to Dubai ... What is the best way to find a job

Old Jun 26th 2013, 6:03 pm
Just Joined

Mara123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Considering on relocating to Dubai ... What is the best way to find a job

Hey everyone, my name is Mara and I am a newbie .
I am 23 years old and really would love to relocate to dubai.
I have applied to a few jobs and have received some great feedback from employers.
Just wondered if anyone could give me some good advice on websites, recommendations on how hard this will be.

I would be grateful for any advice in regards to relocating and how tough the job market is for entry level Brits in dubai
Old Jun 26th 2013, 6:23 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Considering on relocating to Dubai ... What is the best way to find a job

Entry level? Do you mean you don't have a degree or any marketable skills?
Old Jun 26th 2013, 6:34 pm
Just Joined

Mara123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Considering on relocating to Dubai ... What is the best way to find a job

I have a degree in psychology and counselling , and have been working in the finance sector for the past 5 months. Prior to that I did admin/customer service roles. So ideally now I'd be looking at admin, marketing or customer services roles .
Many of the jobs I have looked at require 5 + years experience which is something I lack

Just wanted to know how easy it was for recent grads to relocate with less than 5 years continuous work experience
Old Jun 27th 2013, 5:22 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mara123
I have a degree in psychology and counselling , and have been working in the finance sector for the past 5 months. Prior to that I did admin/customer service roles. So ideally now I'd be looking at admin, marketing or customer services roles .
Many of the jobs I have looked at require 5 + years experience which is something I lack

Just wanted to know how easy it was for recent grads to relocate with less than 5 years continuous work experience
Good luck. Your chances are somewhere between unbelievably slim and **** all. Not impossible but highly improbable
Old Jun 27th 2013, 5:37 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
Good luck. Your chances are somewhere between unbelievably slim and **** all. Not impossible but highly improbable
Surely Financial Services Adviser/Wealth Manager? Psychology/Counselling no big market. Admin, marketing, customer service all oversupplied by the Indian Subcontinent/Philipino who work 12 hours a day 7 days a week for peanuts.
Old Jun 28th 2013, 3:17 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

What is the best way to find a job? Networking. Period.
Old Jun 28th 2013, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

Rhino1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shiva
Wow, that answer rounded up that thread fast!

I suppose you could also ask a magician?
Old Jun 30th 2013, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Saff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to behold

I was in the same position as you Mara.. wanting to move from the UK to Dubai with a BA degree and only 3 years of work experience... but I finally got the job I was chasing. I've posted about it in here before, check out my profile and have a stalk through my posting history - it shouldn't be too hard to find the posts where I've written about this as I don't post in here that often.

Best of luck.
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 8:24 am
Happy To Help!

TopNik is a jewel in the roughTopNik is a jewel in the roughTopNik is a jewel in the roughTopNik is a jewel in the rough

Hello Mara123,

Check out this website which you may find of use:

http://dubaiforvisitors.com/2008/01/...encies-in-uae/

Good luck!
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mara123

Try contacting the schools, they all have counsellors, maybe get an assistant counsellors job and move up.
Good luck.
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 4:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Try contacting the schools, they all have counsellors, maybe get an assistant counsellors job and move up.
Good luck.
well the american ones do.