Reload this Page >

Considering a move to Riyadh

Considering a move to Riyadh

Old Oct 9th 2010, 11:30 pm
Just Joined

MEnomad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Considering a move to Riyadh

Hi All

Am considering a move to Riyadh soon (banking). I have an offer but need help in structuring it (e.g. Should I ask for a house separately or should I just take the housing allowance as part of my package and look for a house myself ? Should I ask to be paid specifically in USD ? Is there any other component that I should ask for ? How much would a three bedroom house in a compound cost ?

Background info - no kids (me and the wife only)

How much money would i normally be expecting to save (as a percentage of my package) ? I'm not expecting to live lavishly (simple Toyota Corolla etc). Only weakness is books.

The total package is in the range of SAR 900,000 - 1 million. I look forward to all the guidance I can get.

Regards
Old Oct 10th 2010, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

maximuss is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Considering a move to Riyadh

send me a private message and i can give u my mobile number and if u want u can ring and i shall explain further for u all the details u require
Old Oct 10th 2010, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by maximuss View Post
send me a private message and i can give u my mobile number and if u want u can ring and i shall explain further for u all the details u require
Will do - apparently private messages can only be sent once I have made three posts (and the last post was my first !!) - so I'll send you a PM in a day or so (or once you respond to this thread ) - many thanks Maximuss !!
Old Oct 10th 2010, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

arc en ciel is an unknown quantity at this point

You should be able to save around 700,000 SAR a year based on what you say, seems hardly worth it to me, I think you should hold out for a bit more than that.
Old Oct 11th 2010, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

Shawlands has a reputation beyond reputeShawlands has a reputation beyond reputeShawlands has a reputation beyond reputeShawlands has a reputation beyond reputeShawlands has a reputation beyond reputeShawlands has a reputation beyond reputeShawlands has a reputation beyond reputeShawlands has a reputation beyond reputeShawlands has a reputation beyond reputeShawlands has a reputation beyond reputeShawlands has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arc en ciel View Post
You should be able to save around 700,000 SAR a year based on what you say, seems hardly worth it to me, I think you should hold out for a bit more than that.
hold out for a bit more ?

em ok, i must be underpaid then!

170k GBP package in my books is not bad at all.
Old Oct 11th 2010, 11:32 am
Just Joined

maximuss is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Shawlands View Post
hold out for a bit more ?

em ok, i must be underpaid then!

170k GBP package in my books is not bad at all.
give us a pm message when u upto 3 messages
Old Oct 11th 2010, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by arc en ciel View Post
arc en ciel - Why do you say that ? If you're saying I could save 70% of my package, that's way over what I can currently save in the UK.
Old Oct 11th 2010, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

give us a pm message when u upto 3 messages
Maximuss - sent you a pm - many thanks !!
Old Nov 29th 2010, 10:37 pm
Just Joined

Sam-London is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

My husband has also just been offered a job in Riyadh (banking). Could I ask if you negotiated your salary/package with them or did you except the first offer?

Please PM me.

Thanks
Sam
Old Nov 30th 2010, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

it is probably easier to get the company to pay for your housing - Riyadh can be expensive for compound accommodation.

To give you an example, we are currently on Cordoba Compound. A large size three bed villa will cost circa SR280,000 pa. You can get cheaper, and more expensive, depends what you want really. Western style compounds may also have a bit of a waiting list.

Again, if you want to PM me, you are more than welcome and I can go through the Housing prices with you. I'm in HR, and we are currently looking at sourcing a new compound for our Western Expats.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 8:24 am
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point

hmmm ..I often ring strange men i meet from the net