Reload this Page >

Consecutive Visit Visas?

Consecutive Visit Visas?

Old Nov 26th 2004, 12:16 pm
Just Joined

RoversFan is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Consecutive Visit Visas?

Hello everyone,

I am a recent engineering graduate and luckily managed to get accepted for a pretty good position at a government department in Abu Dhabi.

However, I am in a pretty frustrating fix and I would greatly appreciate some advice from any member here

Basically, my visit visa is almost about to expire and HR is saying it may take some time to get the contract papers and transfer my visa. They may be ready very soon as well, thye simply won’t give a time frame

So I have 2 options,
1) Leave the country and return on a new visit visa which has a risk that many ppl are saying one cannot enter thru a new visit visa for 1 month (some r saying 3 months) once my visit visa expires. My position may be at risk if that’s the case. I guess even the newspapers carried some news to this effect some time ago.

2) I can overstay till I get my employment visa and then pay the fines. This has the risk in that I am placing myself on the wrong legally and some of my friends tell me overstaying even for a few days can lead to bigger problems like detention or a refusal to process employment visa, I don’t even want to think about those .

So is there anyone here who has faced a similar situation or knows what exactly the rules are regarding consecutive visit visas and overstaying??

I would really appreciate any advice/recommendations/input from anyone out there,

Thanks, and cheers.
Old Nov 26th 2004, 12:47 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Consecutive Visit Visas?

A local immigration solicitor?
Probably best bet for advice...
Old Nov 27th 2004, 5:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RoversFan
Hello everyone,

I am a recent engineering graduate and luckily managed to get accepted for a pretty good position at a government department in Abu Dhabi.

However, I am in a pretty frustrating fix and I would greatly appreciate some advice from any member here

Basically, my visit visa is almost about to expire and HR is saying it may take some time to get the contract papers and transfer my visa. They may be ready very soon as well, thye simply won’t give a time frame

So I have 2 options,
1) Leave the country and return on a new visit visa which has a risk that many ppl are saying one cannot enter thru a new visit visa for 1 month (some r saying 3 months) once my visit visa expires. My position may be at risk if that’s the case. I guess even the newspapers carried some news to this effect some time ago.

2) I can overstay till I get my employment visa and then pay the fines. This has the risk in that I am placing myself on the wrong legally and some of my friends tell me overstaying even for a few days can lead to bigger problems like detention or a refusal to process employment visa, I don’t even want to think about those .

So is there anyone here who has faced a similar situation or knows what exactly the rules are regarding consecutive visit visas and overstaying??

I would really appreciate any advice/recommendations/input from anyone out there,

Thanks, and cheers.
i know people that have done the so called 'visa run' where they go to (doha i think it was) and return next day for new 3 month visa with no problems...although i'm not sure on exact rules that seems to work fine.
Old Nov 27th 2004, 7:24 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RoversFan
Hello everyone,

So I have 2 options,

Thanks, and cheers.
Post ur question on www.expatwoman.com, to the middle east section. Ladies there will help you. But make sure u don't mentioning wether u r male or female.

And I do heard some ppl doing a visa run ... Doha ppl doing a visa run out to Bahrain, Dubai pp doing visa run out to Doha...
Old Nov 29th 2004, 8:12 am
Just Joined

RoversFan is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all ur advice, i'll probably keep my fingers crossed, fly out and come on a new visa
Old Nov 29th 2004, 9:01 am