Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Claiming a dumped car

Claiming a dumped car

Old Aug 2nd 2011, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Claiming a dumped car

Originally Posted by Scamp
No but it would definitely extend your penis. QUICK - go buy one now!!
lmao

Driving a RR, everyone knows I must have a less than average apendage.

Buying a Toyota Prado would just show I have no taste and a small todger

No problems if one comes free though
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 8:52 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
lmao

Prado's are excellent cars. Far far superior to Pajero's. RR's simply say to me..twat.

Would take one if it comes for free though.

Ps my wife has had a Prado for 6 years and have had no problems at all with it. In that time, most Porsche and RR buying wankers have fled the country with bad debt. But hey, they looked good on their borrowed finance for a while though.
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 9:03 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by commander
Prado's are excellent cars. Far far superior to Pajero's. RR's simply say to me..twat.

Would take one if it comes for free though.

Ps my wife has had a Prado for 6 years and have had no problems at all with it. In that time, most Porsche and RR buying wankers have fled the country with bad debt. But hey, they looked good on their borrowed finance for a while though.
My old man had a range and I loved it, very very nice car.

Can't have an opinion on prado's / fortuners / land cruisers et al because I've not driven or been in one for any great period.

feel like a can of worms has been opened
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 9:05 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

lmao

Thought you'd like that.

Which RR have you got?
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 9:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
Prados are excellent cars. Far far superior to Pajeros.
Spot on although somewhat reflected in the 50% price difference though...
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 9:24 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

I could have bought a much nicer car. I came to within a hour from buying an Audi A4 when reality hit me with all the welcome of the belly of a cold fish and forced me to ask myself if I was buying the car because I really wanted it or just because I could afford it?

There comes a time in every person's life when he looks at something expensive that he's desired for a long time and realises that the day's come when he can actually afford it, and it's tempting to give in. This tends to occur more often with men and cars. So when you consider the pros and cons of the various options and whether to buy new or second hand, always ask yourself: what else could you do with the money? The 1,000 AED month difference in monthly payments may not appear to be much at first but it translates into 12,000 AED a year or 2K quid. Over three years that's 6K. A nice sum that could be used for travel. Or for savings.

Scamp, you've always come across as level-headed and I trust you're frugal. I only bring this subject up because cars are very expensive to buy and to operate and the purchase of a car should not be taken lightly. If you really love a certain model and it's within your budget, go for it. If you're indifferent, go for the best deal.
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

What the difference between a Range Rover and a Hedgehog?

Hedgehog's got the pricks on the outside
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

lmao,

lots of RR envy going on out there. If anyone on the board was given the option between a brand new free RR and a brand new free Prado we all know which one you would choose and which you would rather drive. so lets not get into the back biting.

Prados, Xterras and Fortuners are all excellent reliable cars and I very nearly bought an Xterra but they are all devoid of soul.

Mine is a naturally aspirated V8. The supercharged versions have that annoying whine and are a little vulgar but each to their own.
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 9:56 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ethos83
I could have bought a much nicer car. I came to within a hour from buying an Audi A4 when reality hit me with all the welcome of the belly of a cold fish and forced me to ask myself if I was buying the car because I really wanted it or just because I could afford it?

There comes a time in every person's life when he looks at something expensive that he's desired for a long time and realises that the day's come when he can actually afford it, and it's tempting to give in. This tends to occur more often with men and cars. So when you consider the pros and cons of the various options and whether to buy new or second hand, always ask yourself: what else could you do with the money? The 1,000 AED month difference in monthly payments may not appear to be much at first but it translates into 12,000 AED a year or 2K quid. Over three years that's 6K. A nice sum that could be used for travel. Or for savings.

Scamp, you've always come across as level-headed and I trust you're frugal. I only bring this subject up because cars are very expensive to buy and to operate and the purchase of a car should not be taken lightly. If you really love a certain model and it's within your budget, go for it. If you're indifferent, go for the best deal.
Appreciate the comments and suggestions.

I'm pretty much the same as you. I do have a "**** it, just buy it streak" but I like to do lots of homework first.

I spent months researching and looking for a good A3 before I bought mine, second hand because I couldn't justify buying a brand new one. Best decision I made, loved that car, loved driving it and loved getting in it every morning.

I've always wanted a big car, my mate had an Explorer and I quite liked it. I won't be going crazy but about 100k provides a new/newish car and costs me a similar % per month of my salary as my Audi did....that's how I work everything out, i can afford an apartment of x,000 because that represents x% of salary which is equal to how it was at home.

I'll be asking more questions soon, but i'll be looking at all sorts of cars in the coming months!!
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 9:58 am
Account Closed

lmao,

lots of RR envy going on out there. If anyone on the board was given the option between a brand new free RR and a brand new free Prado we all know which one you would choose and which you would rather drive. so lets not get into the back biting.

Prados, Xterras and Fortuners are all excellent reliable cars and I very nearly bought an Xterra but they are all devoid of soul.

Mine is a naturally aspirated V8. The supercharged versions have that annoying whine and are a little vulgar but each to their own.
I'd have a RR tomorrow if I could afford it, I will have one one day without doubt.

Never understood why people hate them so much, granted I don't like the sport - they're just bent, but the proper ones are brilliant.
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

lmao,

Yep new RR for me...

I do like the Xterra. Also like the look of the Evoque.
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 10:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saudiflares
I do like the Xterra.
Me too. In yellow please with big lights on the roof. I have no idea why I like it - it looks like a wasp.

Lisa is desperate for a Range Rover Supercharged - in white, or black, with very dark windows. Princess Anne style.
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 10:43 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
No, worse. A BMW 5 series.
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.....
Attached Thumbnails Claiming a dumped car-bmw5gt.jpg  
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 11:22 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

I had the choice of a pathfinder, xterra or a prado and the prado was superior in every way...

Of course I would take a free RR over a free Prado. I just woudnt spend any money on a RR.

I'd rather spend my money on a top line bicycle which is daft to some but it is more important to me than a car..which is really just a mode of transport to carry me and my bike to a race.
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Me too. In yellow please with big lights on the roof. I have no idea why I like it - it looks like a wasp.

Lisa is desperate for a Range Rover Supercharged - in white, or black, with very dark windows. Princess Anne style.
You best be quick with the yellow Xterra MH, Yellow was dropped from the option list for 2011 in Bahrain and probably Gulf wide. Replaced with some horrible options I have to say. They still have yellow Xteras displayed in the brochures but they are US only models with off road kits and V8's. None of which has been offered in the Gulf !! Figure that out.

Let Mrs MH go for a decent drive in a sport before you splurge. They are cramped and not overly comfortable. When driven with anger they do give out a superb growl but on anything approaching a bend you will be sliding around the seats pivoting by you knees which will be jammed into the door and the centre console. Drove one back from Jubail to Bh at full pelt and it was a laugh however I never wanted to get in one again afterwards. Rear seat legroom is not clever either and that supercharger whine really gets on your tits

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.