Reload this Page >

Civil engineering salaries in Bahrain

Civil engineering salaries in Bahrain

Old Jun 26th 2011, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

BigLouie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Civil engineering salaries in Bahrain

Hi guys,

I would really appreciate some info on the going rates for civil engineers in Bahrain. I've just been through an interview exploring employment options with an engineering consultant in BH and when it came to the hard cash I had no other option but to quote my last UAE 2009 figure - AED 30k per month (all in). I don't think it went that well as my interviewer carefully masked a ulcers crisis and told me my expectations are on the high side.

I've done my research on housing and transport costs and have tried to search for info on the forum, however the latest searchable threads are from 2009.

Having no idea what to expect in terms of wage in the post economic crash BH world, I have no other option but to spam your forum with this request to help.

I'm a civil engineer with 8 years experience, water industry.

Thanks ever so much.

Big Lu
Old Jun 27th 2011, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Civil engineering salaries in Bahrain

Originally Posted by BigLouie
Hi guys,

I would really appreciate some info on the going rates for civil engineers in Bahrain. I've just been through an interview exploring employment options with an engineering consultant in BH and when it came to the hard cash I had no other option but to quote my last UAE 2009 figure - AED 30k per month (all in). I don't think it went that well as my interviewer carefully masked a ulcers crisis and told me my expectations are on the high side.

I've done my research on housing and transport costs and have tried to search for info on the forum, however the latest searchable threads are from 2009.

Having no idea what to expect in terms of wage in the post economic crash BH world, I have no other option but to spam your forum with this request to help.

I'm a civil engineer with 8 years experience, water industry.

Thanks ever so much.

Big Lu
There's so many variables in your post it's pretty difficult to answer , a lot depends on following

1. Location
2. Overseas Experience
3. Status
4. Project
5. Company / Consultant

One of the recruitment guys on here might be able to answer you more specifically , as a western ex-pat civil engineer working in the Gulf you should be getting at least a 30,000K AED / QAR Basic salary with the benefits added on.

Deals are all over the place at the moment and it's an Employers market as there's a lot of surplus guys coming out of the U.A.E looking for employment.

I don't know many civil engineers that would work for 30,000 all in , i have guys without degrees working for me who are getting more than that as Operations managers / Construction managers. They do have lots of overseas experience though and it's a specialized specific discipline we're after here.

Personally i think you've went in far too low.

Good luck
Old Jun 27th 2011, 1:13 pm
Just Joined

Durham boy, thanks ever so much.

The fact that you believe I went in low is an indication that the interviewer was really looking for cheap support. Lets see what comes out of it. I've been in DXB on 30k before and it wasn't bad at all (that was thankfully as a result of sharing a villa with (a family of) friends).

Although the international experience should potentially balance it out, the fact that I'm a third hand european might have something to do with it as well ;-).

Any other replies are more than welcome and I'm grateful for any of your thoughts.

Thanks very much,
Big Lu
Old Jun 27th 2011, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

3000 Bhd all in for a civil engineer is shite unless you is a TCN in which case it is good
So if you is a TCN then happy days, sign on the dotted line, rent some shit hole in Riffa, buy a wrecked corrolla and your weekly shite bottle of Indian whiskey and send all those dinars back to India full jeldi
If yous aint a TCN then tell the recruiter to recruit a TCN and stop wasting your time cos you is worth more bucks
Old Jun 28th 2011, 8:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
3000 Bhd all in for a civil engineer is shite unless you is a TCN in which case it is good
So if you is a TCN then happy days, sign on the dotted line, rent some shit hole in Riffa, buy a wrecked corrolla and your weekly shite bottle of Indian whiskey and send all those dinars back to India full jeldi
If yous aint a TCN then tell the recruiter to recruit a TCN and stop wasting your time cos you is worth more bucks
Priceless, thanks! I'll have your post printed and made into a banner methinks. Didn't even know there was such thing as indian whiskey. Go on guys, tell me what you really think! I might have to bring a full armor for this one...