Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Abu Dhabi Job Advice - Please

Abu Dhabi Job Advice - Please

Old Jun 27th 2011, 11:43 am
Just Joined

KingKenny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Abu Dhabi Job Advice - Please

New to the forum so any help would be great. Currently speaking with a employer in Abu Dhabi and would like to get some advice on my potentail contract. I will fly out to meet some of the staff over the next 2-3 weeks, but here is what is on the table at the moment.

Apartment included - no location given as yet
20,240 AED per month with 30% Bonus all being well at the end of the year
Health care and visa included
Car is a may be at the moment
2 flights at the moment - not sure if I should ask for more??
Any extras that I should ask for?

I would be coming out by myself with my partner visiting when she can.

Thanks.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Abu Dhabi Job Advice - Please

Difficult to comment unless we know the type of job as salaries do vary depending on what you do! Good that your accomodation is included but make sure that you know where it is as there are some real dumps around. The health care and visa has to be provided by law. Don't be tempted by the bonus as they rarely materialise!
Old Jun 27th 2011, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KingKenny
New to the forum so any help would be great. Currently speaking with a employer in Abu Dhabi and would like to get some advice on my potentail contract. I will fly out to meet some of the staff over the next 2-3 weeks, but here is what is on the table at the moment.

Apartment included - no location given as yet
20,240 AED per month with 30% Bonus all being well at the end of the year
Health care and visa included
Car is a may be at the moment
2 flights at the moment - not sure if I should ask for more??
Any extras that I should ask for?

I would be coming out by myself with my partner visiting when she can.

Thanks.
Industry or profession will help us on the advice , also have you had any Gulf experience in the past .
Old Jun 27th 2011, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

I would be working within sport. Can't really say much more as the organisation won't be too happy. Is there any other way i could tell you?

Thanks
Old Jun 27th 2011, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

I would be working within sport. Can't really say much more as the organisation won't be too happy. Is there any other way i could tell you?

Thanks
We'll promise not to tell.....

Sorry , only joking , i couldn't really advise you as your chosen field is way off what i do for a living so any advice might be quite useless to you , some of the others might be able to help you further.

You have most of the basics covered as the OP has mentioned , needs a bit of fine tuning i think .

Good Luck

Last edited by co durham boy; Jun 27th 2011 at 12:52 pm.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by co durham boy
We'll promise not to tell.....
Football team
Old Jun 27th 2011, 12:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Are you the boot cleaner or the coach?
Old Jun 27th 2011, 12:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Part of the backroom staff
Old Jun 27th 2011, 12:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Part of the backroom staff
I'd say it's a good salary for chopping up the oranges.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 12:55 pm

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Football team
Could be interesting, if what unstable, times ahead....

"Dubai: A three-member interim committee has been appointed by the UAE Football Association to oversee the re-structuring of the body for the professional league which was disbanded late on Sunday. Ali Bu Jsaim, Abdullah Al Junaibi and Mohammad Al Ghorab have been named as the members"

Source:
http://gulfnews.com/sport/football/i...uring-1.824987
Old Jun 27th 2011, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

I'd say it's a good salary for chopping up the oranges.
Thats what I thought - my only concern would be housing would'nt want to live in a crap hole!
Old Jun 27th 2011, 12:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thats what I thought - my only concern would be housing would'nt want to live in a crap hole!
Check out www.dubizzle.com - just make sure the allowance is above 150k and you'll get a decent flat.

In all seriousness though... things here are unstable - always keep a spare flight ticket home in the top drawer for that sort of job. They change their mind like the wind here.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

Check out www.dubizzle.com - just make sure the allowance is above 150k and you'll get a decent flat.

In all seriousness though... things here are unstable - always keep a spare flight ticket home in the top drawer for that sort of job. They change their mind like the wind here.

Thanks for your advice.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Supplying Grade A Bump to Maradona...
Old Jun 27th 2011, 1:04 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Rents have tumbled in AD in the last 6 months or so. Probably safest way is to get them to agree to the value of the accommodation. Have a look round Dubizzle.com (although be aware that some estate agents out here make the ones in UK look professional--LLJ Properties do things properly, have a look at their website too). Anything below AED 130k pa won't be great if you wanna be downtown, but they'll be loads coming on stream in Reem Island soon, which will forces prices even lower. You'll also need to check commuting distance--if your place of work is downtown, then unless you can avoid the rush hour you won't particularly want to be travelling off-island to downtown.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.