Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Cheapest way to ship a couple of extra cases / large boxes to UAE

Cheapest way to ship a couple of extra cases / large boxes to UAE

Old Apr 17th 2017, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheapest way to ship a couple of extra cases / large boxes to UAE

Originally Posted by Scamp
I think, especially if newborn, asking your pregnant wife to consider a used buggy / cot / car seat etc is like asking you to drink the pint I just drank as it comes out of my bellend.

Apparently.
Totally agree, pregnant women - give them what they want, it's so much easier. I recall spending way over £10k on mamas and papas and Dior Couture for a ****ing newborn!!!!!!!
Old Apr 17th 2017, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

dominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. I've suggested the why don't we buy second hand stuff a few times.

Fortunately my wife is pretty reasonable, and is OK with me finding us a second hand cot. But for the pram and car seat it's a definite no.

Having compared prices we would save hundreds by buying in the UK. I think we'll try the suggestion to just walk the pram to the gate and then get it checked there. If they ask where's the baby, she can just say my husband is getting him changed and will follow in 10 mins. I don't think they'll even think to ask though.
Old Apr 17th 2017, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

Gavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really nice

I thought airlines only let you check smaller umbrella type buggies at the gate, not massive prams?
Old Apr 17th 2017, 5:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dominoman
My wife is flying over to Abu Dhabi next month. She’s Etihad Silver so gets 2 hold baggage, but that isn’t quite enough.

We have a baby on the way so would like to buy pram, car seat etc. in the UK and bring it over. Etihad charge USD 252 per bag for extra luggage

Is there a cheap way to ship a couple of boxes/cases to UAE. We have plenty of time so sticking in on a container ship wouldn’t be a problem.
Not looked into the rates but maybe worth looking at Shop & Ship operated by Aramex. ?