Cheap Flights

Old Jan 9th 2005, 5:48 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cheap Flights

Can any of you lot recommend a good travel agent to get some flights from the UK to here ?

Many thanks in advance !!

JD
Old Jan 9th 2005, 6:31 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheap Flights

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Can any of you lot recommend a good travel agent to get some flights from the UK to here ?

JD
Look at lastminute.com JD they normally hv something
Old Jan 9th 2005, 6:40 am
BE Enthusiast

johnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nice

How Cheap do you want them? you can get a good deal of a search engine, I flew out here with Olympic in September for £194 return but it takes you via
Athens, Kuwait. Air France do good deals but via Paris as do Lufthansa via Frankfurt. What UK airport are you wanting to depart from and are you bothered about direct flights ?
Old Jan 9th 2005, 6:43 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

JD

Had a quick look for yer: Estimated date Feb 10th stay two week just guessing

Etihad:

One Adult 225.57 + 36.10
One Child 163.05 + 36.10

Qatar:

Adult 274.70 + 58.70
Child 205.40 + 58.70

Lufthansa:

Adult 304.23 +93.70
Child 234.75 + 93.70

Hope this helps, let me know if you want me to find anymore
Old Jan 9th 2005, 6:47 am
Banned

[QUOTE=Jellybean]Had a quick look for yer: Estimated date Feb 10th stay two week just guessing

BA:

Adult 476.50 + 62.50
Child 339.88 + 62.50

Emirates:

Adult 523.70 + 38.70
Child 375.20 + 38.70
Old Jan 9th 2005, 6:58 am
BE Enthusiast

johnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nice

Another option depending on where you are staying in UAE is to fly into Abu Dhabi as it only takes 45 mins to get from there to Burj, JBH, DMC, DIC area and likewise if your trying to get to Dubai, if you don't time it properly it can also take 45 mins but Flights are cheaper into Abu Dhabi.

Last edited by johnbuoy; Jan 9th 2005 at 7:21 am.
Old Jan 9th 2005, 7:10 am
BE Enthusiast

LakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to behold

JD
Have used travelselect.com before & got good deals. Or cheapflights.co.uk.
Old Jan 9th 2005, 7:16 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LakesLassie
Have used travelselect.com before & got good deals. Or cheapflights.co.uk.
Thanks all. !

another travel type question, i MAY have to go to Israel for a meeting.
Will the embassy here issue another passport as i will not be able to come back here with an israeli stamp in my passport.
Old Jan 9th 2005, 7:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Singlemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks all. !

Will the embassy here issue another passport as i will not be able to come back here with an israeli stamp in my passport.
I think you can ask them to stamp a loose page or something like that...
Old Jan 9th 2005, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Don't run the risk of the loose sheet, call the Embassy and ask for advise, i had no problem being issued a second passport (in UK) when i stated i was visiting Israel.
Old Jan 9th 2005, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

LakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to behold

su
Thanks all. !

I think you can ask them not to stamp your passport. Mr LL has 2 passports but he got his when we were still in the UK so not sure what the score would be from here.

A friend of mine recently returned from a family trip to Israel & the husband got a severe grilling from the Israelis on why he had so many different stamps in his passport (obviously never heard of business trips) so not a bad idea to get a new one for when you're there, as well as lack of Israeli stamp in your usual one.

I would phone the embassy to check.
Old Jan 9th 2005, 7:38 am
Up in the air

Originally Posted by LakesLassie
su
I think you can ask them not to stamp your passport. Mr LL has 2 passports but he got his when we were still in the UK so not sure what the score would be from here.

A friend of mine recently returned from a family trip to Israel & the husband got a severe grilling from the Israelis on why he had so many different stamps in his passport (obviously never heard of business trips) so not a bad idea to get a new one for when you're there, as well as lack of Israeli stamp in your usual one.

I would phone the embassy to check.
Will do, especially as i have 3 Saudi Visa's, Iranian Visa and stamps from all over the GCC....Im sure they would love to have a chat with me !!
Old Jan 9th 2005, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

Will do, especially as i have 3 Saudi Visa's, Iranian Visa and stamps from all over the GCC....Im sure they would love to have a chat with me !!

My husband and I had a bargain flight from Southampton/via Paris to Dubai back in 2003 through lastminute.com. Very handy when travelling from Bournemouth but what we didn't bargain for was getting arrested upon our return in Southampton and held for 10 hours under the Terrorist Act 2000. We got seperated and had to answer many very silly questions indeed. We were suspects for having travelled to the Middle East. My husband of course being originally Iranian despite having lived in the UK since the age of 13 and me being married to a Middle Eastern. All our luggage got turned inside out and as we had been on a familiarisation trip to Dubai without the kids, we had lots of brochures from schools and other paperwork on us, which made us look even more like suspects. Every single paper, even receipts and small papers from my handbag including credit cards and store cards were photocopied. I was asked questions in regards to my parents wether they had been involved in the communist regime some over 30 years ago. I was born in Switzerland and never had anything to do with the ex Czechoslovakian government. I was 18 when I finally had the chance to visit my parents homeland. I was asked if my son was circumcised as to Islamic rituals. I confirmed that he had been circumcised but that happened two weeks after his birth and was done in Poole hospital by a British doctor without the need for cutting, just a very simple procedure. I couldn't hold myself back mentionning that it seems a perfectly normal procedure even in the USA. I was also asked, if I was forced to that decision by my husband and if I was forced to convert to Islam. I told them that I was still Christian and even had my children baptised at the Catholic church in Bournemouth which they went to check up on as they didn't believe me. I could just go on about all the ridiculous questions I had to answer which in my opinion had nothing to do with terrorism but digging in my private life. Anyway, I think they were just bored at Southampton airport. They had a passenger list from the flight in Dubai and were just waiting for us to arrive in Southampton.

So anyone, who wants to stay unnoticed, stay away from local airports, especially when not blond and blue eyed.
Old Jan 9th 2005, 9:22 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Palm Tree
My husband and I had a bargain flight from Southampton/via Paris to Dubai back in 2003 through lastminute.com. Very handy when travelling from Bournemouth but what we didn't bargain for was getting arrested upon our return in Southampton and held for 10 hours under the Terrorist Act 2000. We got seperated and had to answer many very silly questions indeed. We were suspects for having travelled to the Middle East. My husband of course being originally Iranian despite having lived in the UK since the age of 13 and me being married to a Middle Eastern. All our luggage got turned inside out and as we had been on a familiarisation trip to Dubai without the kids, we had lots of brochures from schools and other paperwork on us, which made us look even more like suspects. Every single paper, even receipts and small papers from my handbag including credit cards and store cards were photocopied. I was asked questions in regards to my parents wether they had been involved in the communist regime some over 30 years ago. I was born in Switzerland and never had anything to do with the ex Czechoslovakian government. I was 18 when I finally had the chance to visit my parents homeland. I was asked if my son was circumcised as to Islamic rituals. I confirmed that he had been circumcised but that happened two weeks after his birth and was done in Poole hospital by a British doctor without the need for cutting, just a very simple procedure. I couldn't hold myself back mentionning that it seems a perfectly normal procedure even in the USA. I was also asked, if I was forced to that decision by my husband and if I was forced to convert to Islam. I told them that I was still Christian and even had my children baptised at the Catholic church in Bournemouth which they went to check up on as they didn't believe me. I could just go on about all the ridiculous questions I had to answer which in my opinion had nothing to do with terrorism but digging in my private life. Anyway, I think they were just bored at Southampton airport. They had a passenger list from the flight in Dubai and were just waiting for us to arrive in Southampton.

So anyone, who wants to stay unnoticed, stay away from local airports, especially when not blond and blue eyed.
Poor PT ... !!! Can't imagine a lady as nice as you being a terrorist !!!
Old Jan 9th 2005, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

Originally Posted by novita77
Poor PT ... !!! Can't imagine a lady as nice as you being a terrorist !!!
Well, there might be a hidden side to me

You know what was the worst thing, that if I had just cracked the slightest joke out of sheer frustration, after all, we had left Dubai at 2am and it was when all BA flights got cancelled due to the Iraq conflict and Air France got its fair share of delay and jammed up with stranded passengers that they would have sent me to Guantanamo bay. I am not kidding! They told me that right at the beginning that if they will not be satisfied to clear me of any suspicions, they would send me or my husband there for further investigations. They told me that they had no information on us and it was just something that they had to do since 9/11 and everyone connected in any way to the Middle East was on their suspect list, even people who were British from birth but travelled frequently to the Middle East. It was just our bad luck, that we had been picked. At first, I thought it was kind of funny but as the time went on with no water and food sitting in a small room surrounded by mirrored glass and left alone to be watched, it suddenly lost the funny touch. I wasn't even allowed to use the toilet. :scared:

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.