Cheap Flights

Old Jan 9th 2005, 9:41 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheap Flights

Originally Posted by Palm Tree
Well, there might be a hidden side to me

You know what was the worst thing, that if I had just cracked the slightest joke out of sheer frustration, after all, we had left Dubai at 2am and it was when all BA flights got cancelled due to the Iraq conflict and Air France got its fair share of delay and jammed up with stranded passengers that they would have sent me to Guantanamo bay. I am not kidding! They told me that right at the beginning that if they will not be satisfied to clear me of any suspicions, they would send me or my husband there for further investigations. They told me that they had no information on us and it was just something that they had to do since 9/11 and everyone connected in any way to the Middle East was on their suspect list, even people who were British from birth but travelled frequently to the Middle East. It was just our bad luck, that we had been picked. At first, I thought it was kind of funny but as the time went on with no water and food sitting in a small room surrounded by mirrored glass and left alone to be watched, it suddenly lost the funny touch. I wasn't even allowed to use the toilet. :scared:
O M G ... and that happened in the UK eh? Country who worships a human rights !!!
Old Jan 9th 2005, 9:42 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

I had the same thing last Xmas.
Flew back from Saudi,Picked up my little girl and went to France.
Coming back to Poole ferry terminal, I get pulled from the car and forced to answer a ton of questions about my time in Saudi. They would not let my little girl out of the car, and seeing her dad surrounded by police really really upset her.

I had to provide business cards, all my personal details etc etc....was horrible.
Old Jan 9th 2005, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
I had the same thing last Xmas.
Flew back from Saudi,Picked up my little girl and went to France.
Coming back to Poole ferry terminal, I get pulled from the car and forced to answer a ton of questions about my time in Saudi. They would not let my little girl out of the car, and seeing her dad surrounded by police really really upset her.

I had to provide business cards, all my personal details etc etc....was horrible.

Small world! At least we were without the kids but we had promised them to be there first thing in the morning when they wake up to take them to school. We weren't allowed to make one single phone call. Initially I had not been worried as I thought it would take max 1/2 hour for them to see we were no harm to the public and didn't carry around bombs but after 3 hours, I knew people would start wondering where we had vanished as our plane had landed on time. I always have to let my mum know about my whereabouts and she was in a right state thinking I could not be bothered to call her. She doesn't speak English and our friends didn't get any information when calling the airport. They were told we had been on the passenger list but that was as much as they knew and therefore they started calling hospitals and police until we finally were able to put them out of misery.
Old Jan 9th 2005, 10:02 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Palm Tree
Small world! At least we were without the kids but we had promised them to be there first thing in the morning when they wake up to take them to school. We weren't allowed to make one single phone call. Initially I had not been worried as I thought it would take max 1/2 hour for them to see we were no harm to the public and didn't carry around bombs but after 3 hours, I knew people would start wondering where we had vanished as our plane had landed on time. I always have to let my mum know about my whereabouts and she was in a right state thinking I could not be bothered to call her. She doesn't speak English and our friends didn't get any information when calling the airport. They were told we had been on the passenger list but that was as much as they knew and therefore they started calling hospitals and police until we finally were able to put them out of misery.
Yes can imagine if this happened when u have the kids with u like JD.

PT ... do u think they really serious going to take u to guantanamo detention centre??? Surely they can't do that without any valid reason???
Old Jan 9th 2005, 10:10 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by novita77

PT ... do u think they really serious going to take u to guantanamo detention centre??? Surely they can't do that without any valid reason???
They can. They threatend to take me to Whitehall in London, I went ballistic at them, as it was freezing cold, and my baby had just spent 6 hours on a ferry and wanted to get home.
I told them they could follow me back home, let me drop chloe off then they could take me where the **** they liked.
Old Jan 9th 2005, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

OH YES!!! :scared:
You would be suspect enough sharing the same name as one of the terrorists inolved in 9/11.

Ever heard of passengers joking when checking in at airports when asked if they carried any weapons on them? No messing about. Just for cracking a joke, you get into deep shit.
Old Jan 9th 2005, 10:15 am
semarang

They can. They threatend to take me to Whitehall in London, I went ballistic at them, as it was freezing cold, and my baby had just spent 6 hours on a ferry and wanted to get home.
I told them they could follow me back home, let me drop chloe off then they could take me where the **** they liked.
It is so bloody disgusting ... they probably can messing around with u. But I still think they should spare the life of a child. At least they should let ur girl going home to her mom and continue the business with u
Old Jan 9th 2005, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

It is so bloody disgusting ... they probably can messing around with u. But I still think they should spare the life of a child. At least they should let ur girl going home to her mom and continue the business with u

Yes, absolutely right Novita. After all, why do they wait for you to re-enter the UK and don't just arrest everyone living in the UK if there is the slightest suspiscion? So, while you are getting about business within the country you are ok but as soon as you leave and come back, you are in trouble. Doesn't really make much sense.
Old Jan 9th 2005, 4:19 pm
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Can any of you lot recommend a good travel agent to get some flights from the UK to here ?

Many thanks in advance !!

JD
Go straight to the carrier...BA, Luft'a, KLM, Sabina, Air France & Turkish Air which are the cheapest if u like 'delights' .

Alternatively, if u can wait til the day before theres a flight auction for empty seats in Birmingham every day...i'll look up the web site.....however be prepared to fly within 6 - 12 hrs
Old Jan 9th 2005, 4:42 pm
A slow driver!

lillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to behold

Can any of you lot recommend a good travel agent to get some flights from the UK to here ?

Many thanks in advance !!

JD

I just booked my ticket at BA online and it was pretty cheap, about 300 pounds all in and it is direct so messing about. That includes a flight from Manchester to London so might be even less if they don't need that. Don't use a travel agent as they only add in their share.
Old Jan 9th 2005, 4:52 pm
Restless soul

Happiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to behold

Will do, especially as i have 3 Saudi Visa's, Iranian Visa and stamps from all over the GCC....Im sure they would love to have a chat with me !!
They will think you are a dodgy Jew. Iran would NEVER allow you back in. Well thay might, but they'd think your after the nukes and would be watchin' you like a hawk.
Old Jan 9th 2005, 5:49 pm
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by samireh
They will think you are a dodgy Jew. Iran would NEVER allow you back in. Well thay might, but they'd think your after the nukes and would be watchin' you like a hawk.
have u seen his nose....
Old Jan 9th 2005, 5:56 pm
Restless soul

Happiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
have u seen his nose....
Exactly!
Old Jan 9th 2005, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

smartd is a jewel in the roughsmartd is a jewel in the roughsmartd is a jewel in the roughsmartd is a jewel in the roughsmartd is a jewel in the rough

gluck JD, is this another project with telco there ?
Old Jan 9th 2005, 7:25 pm
semarang

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
have u seen his nose....
Now me wondering ... what is wrong with JD nose???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.