Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Changing pounds into riyals in riyadh - any suggestions?

Changing pounds into riyals in riyadh - any suggestions?

Old Sep 1st 2011, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

Dr AQ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Changing pounds into riyals in riyadh - any suggestions?

Hello

I have looked on the forum and have been unable to find the answer to the above question.

Where can i change pounds into saudi riyals. I currently live in the grenada area.

Dr AQ
Old Sep 1st 2011, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changing pounds into riyals in riyadh - any suggestions?

I would hazard a guess at a money exchange or perhaps at a bank - you could always try to barter with the locals

This is the 21st century - even with fine dining and waterford crystal - open a bank account with the new fangled gizzmo called internet banking !
Old Sep 1st 2011, 4:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
I would hazard a guess at a money exchange or perhaps at a bank - you could always try to barter with the locals

This is the 21st century - even with fine dining and waterford crystal - open a bank account with the new fangled gizzmo called internet banking !
Hello

I can not open an account as i am on a 3 month visa that will have to be renewwed every 3 months but thanks for your advice city gent.

Are you to blame for the recent economic downturn as i assume you are from the city?

Anhow maybe you could asisst me is informing me how i could send my money back home to the UK without a bank account i.e. money transfer banks - which one or western union?

Plus where can i get a view on the exchange rate these days which saudis will actually be using

thanks

dr aq
Old Sep 1st 2011, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dr AQ
Hello

I can not open an account as i am on a 3 month visa that will have to be renewwed every 3 months but thanks for your advice city gent.

Are you to blame for the recent economic downturn as i assume you are from the city?

Anhow maybe you could asisst me is informing me how i could send my money back home to the UK without a bank account i.e. money transfer banks - which one or western union?

Plus where can i get a view on the exchange rate these days which saudis will actually be using

thanks

dr aq
Well judging by recent events Im the devil incarnate - but hey ho

Try both and see what prices you can get

See http://coinmill.com/GBP_SAR.html for SAR xhange rate for an idea or the offical rate http://www.sama.gov.sa/sites/samaen/...eCurrency.aspx at Page 3 (currently 6.0761)
Old Sep 1st 2011, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
Well judging by recent events Im the devil incarnate - but hey ho

Try both and see what prices you can get

See http://coinmill.com/GBP_SAR.html for SAR xhange rate for an idea or the offical rate http://www.sama.gov.sa/sites/samaen/...eCurrency.aspx at Page 3 (currently 6.0761)
It is quite refreshing to feel the cool breeze of English ettiquette in this harsh desert heat..

Thanks for the info

dr aq
Old Sep 1st 2011, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

Plus how would you recomend i send my money back home?

i dont have a bank account

dr aq
Old Sep 1st 2011, 5:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

Plus how would you recomend i send my money back home?

i dont have a bank account

dr aq
In a Bag?
Old Sep 1st 2011, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jackthehat
In a Bag?
Thanks for that very good idea.

Are you from yorkshire?

dr aq
Old Sep 2nd 2011, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

ok , here we go changing money is rather simple (i lived in riyadh for two years but now in khobar. )
Any one of the banks or money exchanges, Al Rajhi or even down in Batha.
for sending money home since you do not have an iquama ask a friend or some that has an iquama to use his and he can send it sor you.
Thats whet i did in the early days many years ago !! wow nearly 7 years in this sand pit.
Hope this helps.
Old Sep 2nd 2011, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

Raynman has a spectacular aura aboutRaynman has a spectacular aura aboutRaynman has a spectacular aura about

Hello

I have looked on the forum and have been unable to find the answer to the above question.

Where can i change pounds into saudi riyals. I currently live in the grenada area.

Dr AQ
For sending money back you could try speedcash, just off sitteen street on exit 14. I used to use this years ago. You register with them and pay your cash over the counter and they send it to the bank account details supplied by you.