off shore banking

Old Sep 2nd 2011, 2:26 pm
going slowly insane

Welshman 2805 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default off shore banking

I am going to be working in Riyadh and on non resident tax status, I will have a Saudi bank account but would like to move the money out regularly to another savings account that doesn't have UK tax implications. Any Advice?
Old Sep 2nd 2011, 7:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

alfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: off shore banking

Originally Posted by Welshman 2805
I am going to be working in Riyadh and on non resident tax status, I will have a Saudi bank account but would like to move the money out regularly to another savings account that doesn't have UK tax implications. Any Advice?
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=729407
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 1:41 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Welshman 2805
Don't try and be too trickey dickey.

How much will you save???
Is it worth the hassle???
How safe will an account be in Vanuato or wherever???
What are the foreign exchange implications???
When you eventually bring a big lump sum back to the UK which is greater than your monthly return will it attract the interest of HMIR

Maybe when you get to SA then ask your colleagues what they do.
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 8:42 am
going slowly insane

Welshman 2805 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ex reg
Don't try and be too trickey dickey.

How much will you save???
Is it worth the hassle???
How safe will an account be in Vanuato or wherever???
What are the foreign exchange implications???
When you eventually bring a big lump sum back to the UK which is greater than your monthly return will it attract the interest of HMIR

Maybe when you get to SA then ask your colleagues what they do.
thanks, you are probably right.