Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Certificate attestation UAE

Certificate attestation UAE

Old Feb 22nd 2014, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

abi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud of
Default Certificate attestation UAE

Hi all

I need to get my marriage and kids' birth certs attested. As I understand it that means getting them signed off as genuine by the foreign and commonwealth office and then getting them translated to Arabic and signed off by the UAE embassy???

Unfortunately the last thread I can find was 2008 and I'm not sure but think they might have made it harder since and the UAE embassy website is down at the mo (and was down some time ago too so not sure if it's ever coming back!) so I'm looking for some current insight.

Can anyone confirm the current process? Is it fairly easy to do in a day (plan is to spend a day in London doing all the steps)? Or is it worthwhile using a third party to do it and if so can you recommend anyone?

Thanks very much.
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 10:02 am
Just Joined

m4444 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Certificate attestation UAE

I did mine a couple of years ago in Ireland.
My marriage was in Ireland.
My birth in England.
My daughter was born in Saudi.
My qualifications were UK.
Was able to do the birth and marriage certs myself by walking between embassies in Dublin.
My quals I used an agency in the UK.
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

scotia 7 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm assuming they are documents issued in the UK?

I used vitalcertificates.co.uk

Not cheap but they get the job done. You can do it yourself but it I've not done this before. If you don't want to use a 3rd party why don't you phone up the fco and find out how to get it done

I didn't have to get my documents translated into Arabic though. Just stamped by the embassy
Old Feb 23rd 2014, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

Its definitely been discussed loads of times since 2008. I did it all myself 3 years ago, fairly easy, no need to pay a company. Did take longer than one day, though - but it was all done by post other than the first visit to a notary. I seem to remember one can pay extra for an urgent approval if needed. I cannot remember exactly the process, but I definitely didn't need anything translated while back in the UK. I'll see if I can ask one of my colleagues how he did it recently, and post an answer tomorrow.