Card Payments

Old Oct 25th 2012, 11:53 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all
Default Card Payments

I've had my first pay packet from Dubai and because I haven't been able to open a Bank Account in time it has been paid into my UK Bank Account in Sterling.

What is the best way to use this;

- Just take out some cash and buy everything on card? if so do I ask them to charge me in AED or Sterling?

- Take the vast majority out (i.e living costs for the month) change it into AED at a foreign exchange and put it into my new bank account which I will have next week?

Thanks
Old Oct 25th 2012, 3:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Card Payments

Originally Posted by Manchester_QS
I've had my first pay packet from Dubai and because I haven't been able to open a Bank Account in time it has been paid into my UK Bank Account in Sterling.

What is the best way to use this;

- Just take out some cash and buy everything on card? if so do I ask them to charge me in AED or Sterling?

- Take the vast majority out (i.e living costs for the month) change it into AED at a foreign exchange and put it into my new bank account which I will have next week?

Thanks
take out small amounts to keep you going here - change them at a money shop or with a brit who wants them/ do the rest on cards.

leave the rest in the UK - you'll need it at some point when you go back next.
Old Oct 25th 2012, 4:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

errrr.... if you draw cash from an ATM here with your UK direct debit card or credit card it will give you dirhams. You won't need to change money up.

If you pay for something with a UK credit card it will charge you dirhams at the point of sale and the CC company will show it as sterling on your statement.
Do 1 transaction and draw enough cash to do the things that need cash
Old Oct 25th 2012, 4:25 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Hookers won't let you swipe your card....

Careful of feed ad shit exchange rates. Get a local account set up mate, it's piss easy.
Old Oct 25th 2012, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Hookers won't let you swipe your card....
And you know that because.....??????
Old Oct 25th 2012, 6:02 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
And you know that because.....??????
A mate of a mate...
Old Oct 25th 2012, 6:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scamp
A mate of a mate...
yeah right!!
Old Oct 25th 2012, 8:10 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
yeah right!!
I'm a good boy