Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Car seats on Etihad flight (Cam Italy)

Car seats on Etihad flight (Cam Italy)

Old Aug 25th 2013, 5:32 am
Just Joined

waltertz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Car seats on Etihad flight (Cam Italy)

Hi,
I will be traveling with a 6-months old baby from Europe to Abu Dhabi with Etihad. I'm planning to buy the ticket for the baby and to bring a car seat on board.

This is the car seat:
http://littleones.eu/car-seats/36-gara-01.html
http://www.camspa.it/en/area-sicurezza/gamma-auto/

I know it is a bulky car seat and Etihad does not allow a rear facing car seats on board, however would it still be possible to bring it on board if the bulkhead seats are booked? That way I should be able to install it rear-facing.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Vlad
Old Aug 25th 2013, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car seats on Etihad flight (Cam Italy)

When I first came here (to Abu Dhabi) just over 7 years ago, my son was 6 months old and we brought our rear-facing car seat onto the plane with us (he also had his own seat, as opposed to just being on our lap).

We had had many conversations with Etihad at the time (which had only recently been established), and had much conflicting information in terms of whether or not we could take it on, what type of seat was allowed, what regulations it had to adhere to etc etc...

However, when checking-in, they simply asked about hand-luggage and we showed them the seat and they didn't bat an eyelid. The car-seat was strapped into the seat on the plane throughout the flight, we got him out a few times to stretch a bit, and he had to be on our lap for take-off and landing.

As I said though, that was 7 years ago so things might have changed, but if he/she has their own seat, I don't see a problem?
Old Aug 25th 2013, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

dragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nice
Default Re: Car seats on Etihad flight (Cam Italy)

Most international carriers will allow you to take a car seat on for children of any age.

We never bothered until the kids were 2, but then we used to sometimes take the seats with them - the last time was with a booster seat for our 5 year old last year - they didn't say a thing as he carried it on with him in addition to his backpack.