Left Qatar Without Exit Permit

Left Qatar Without Exit Permit

Old Mar 23rd 2013, 7:16 am
m3z
Just Joined

m3z is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Left Qatar Without Exit Permit

Dear All,

I was working in Qatar for a really bad company and one day, on my day off, I decided to leave (without an exit permit) and never returned. Basically I wanted to leave and my employer said I couldn't so, as I had the means, I just left....
Can anyone explain me what are the implications of this?
Can I return to Qatar?
Can I travel through either Qatar or any other GCC country?
Can I enter any other GCC country (either work or leisure)?
At the time of leaving I was financially clean, but after checking on-line my bank account is now on -30,000QR and it's marked as an absconded item. What does this mean?
Is not that I'm gagging to get back to Qatar, but as I now live in the Far East I may need to use a ME airline to go back home, maybe connecting in Abu Dhabi or Dubai (I will avoid Qatar at all costs )

Your assistance is much appreciated.
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Left Qatar Without Exit Permit

Didn't you realise that your horrible employers almost certainly invested alot in you, like the high cost of procuring visas, maybe housing and such like. That probably explains your negative balance.
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 7:45 am
m3z
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mentalist
Didn't you realise that your horrible employers almost certainly invested alot in you, like the high cost of procuring visas, maybe housing and such like. That probably explains your negative balance.
I understand what you're saying yet the negative balance is not my issue. At the end of the day is just money and it can be paid off. It just caught me off guard as I did not expect to see it. My question was perhaps more directed to whether I could route my flights home via AHU or DXB and/or go visit friends in the UAE...
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 8:30 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

You will not have a problem in the UAE. It costs a fortune to block someone in the whole GCC
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Doha and AUH are close enough that a sandstorm in one can reroute planes between the two.

I would not risk it. How long would it take to prove to someone in Kuwait airport that you did in fact pay off the 30,000 and that you owe nobody in Qatar anything?

How long would it take them to double-check that the ban was in fact lifted?
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

dubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of light

How did you leave without an exit permit?
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 3:26 pm
m3z
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dubaiguy2011
How did you leave without an exit permit?
I have dual citizenship, so used my other passport....
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 3:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

dubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of light

How did you leave without an entry stamp in your passport? They will have scanned your passport at the airport upon leaving and there'd be no record of you entering the country (on that passport). This sounds odd. Very odd.

The fact that you're out of the country means you're very lucky and I wouldn't worry about it. Just don't ever travel in or around the ME on the passport which has your Qatar residency visa in it.
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 4:30 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seven seas
Doha and AUH are close enough that a sandstorm in one can reroute planes between the two.

I would not risk it. How long would it take to prove to someone in Kuwait airport that you did in fact pay off the 30,000 and that you owe nobody in Qatar anything?

How long would it take them to double-check that the ban was in fact lifted?
Not an issue - we got accidentally routed via Bahrain (via Saudi) due to a sandstorm when trying to fly to Jordan during the kickoff two years ago. An Iranian lady on the flight explained to the Air Crew her nationality and dilemma, who explained to the security, and she was allowed to stay in the airport overnight (not much fun for her) until the next connecting plane. She didn't need to clear immigration in Bahrain.
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 10:44 pm
m3z
Just Joined

How did you leave without an entry stamp in your passport? They will have scanned your passport at the airport upon leaving and there'd be no record of you entering the country (on that passport). This sounds odd. Very odd.

The fact that you're out of the country means you're very lucky and I wouldn't worry about it. Just don't ever travel in or around the ME on the passport which has your Qatar residency visa in it.
Not so odd if you really try to think about it...
But hey! I leave it to your imagination
Old Mar 24th 2013, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

dragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nice

If you are transiting then technically you never enter the country and they don't check passports - so as long as you are willing to camp in the airport on transit then it shouldn't be a problem.
Old Mar 24th 2013, 3:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by m3z
They cannot stamp your passport with your exit visa if they can't find your entry visa. Which is why you can't enter and leave on different passports. When you present your passport they ask you how and when you entered the country as they cannot find any record of you entering the country. This is common sense.

And yes, I've tried it....
Old Mar 24th 2013, 7:08 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by m3z
They cannot stamp your passport with your exit visa if they can't find your entry visa. Which is why you can't enter and leave on different passports. When you present your passport they ask you how and when you entered the country as they cannot find any record of you entering the country. This is common sense.

Old Mar 25th 2013, 11:41 am
Skydivings the game

JSOAB is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Mar 25th 2013, 2:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

The authorities in DXB have bigger fish to fry.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.