Car parts

Old Sep 9th 2010, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

zoukla will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Car parts

Originally Posted by Bungdit Din
Do you have the optional driver's info display? Looking at car-parts.com, which is a site for breakers yards all over the USA to sell their parts online, a 2003 Envoy speedo with info display will run you anything from $72-$225 for a Grade A part.

A GMC dealer will make you pay blood for a brand-new speedo... and are you sure that you need a whole new speedo anyway? might be a connector or your speed sensor or something like that... much cheaper to fix... buy the factory service manual for your model and it will list the tests you need to do to check whether you need to replace the whole speedo module or not.
You are a great resource...pity you are in DXB.. but so hesitant to get Joe blog the bricklayer, tomorrow oil checker/car-washer to check this out. That's why i feel i could trust the folks at GMC... any reputable folks that could give a second quote?Writing from the sandpit
Coz i havnae got a clue, how do i even begin to check what you have recommended?
Old Sep 9th 2010, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

zoukla will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by typical
My Ford Mondeo just keeled over and died. Alternator is shot.

Al Tayer wanted 3,400 just for the part The damn thing would cost less than 150 quid in the UK, I'm not paying over 600 for it.

Any ideas of trustworthy places who'll fit a new and real third party alternator (maybe a Bosch)?
Typical,

Sorry to hijack your post... but you have highlighted a common problem in the UAE for those of us who are sticking to their old faithfuls.

Hope you are closer to getting your own problem sorted
Old Sep 10th 2010, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

Bungdit Din is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by zoukla
Coz i havnae got a clue, how do i even begin to check what you have recommended?
if you're not confident about getting busy with spanners and socket sets and using the factory service manual to diagnose and fix problems then I guess you have no choice but to go to a dealer... so you just have to expect to pay the big money... sorry...