Car Loans

Old Nov 16th 2008, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

Vitriol01 is just really niceVitriol01 is just really niceVitriol01 is just really niceVitriol01 is just really niceVitriol01 is just really niceVitriol01 is just really niceVitriol01 is just really niceVitriol01 is just really nice
Default Car Loans

Hi All,

I'm looking at getting a new Audi TT and need a car loan. I'm with Barclays who don't do car loans. Sooo, I need to go via the garage but the finance chap at Audi is telling me that without 3 months bank statements it's pretty much a no go at the moment.

I don't have 3 months' worth of statements as I only get here in October and I don't really want to have to wait until the new year to order a car (paticularly since Audi have just got a new batch of TTs in that I could get within the week).

Any know of any financing house that doesn't need 3 months of statements?

Thx
Old Nov 16th 2008, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

andyjock will become famous soon enoughandyjock will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Car Loans

Originally Posted by Vitriol01
Hi All,

I'm looking at getting a new Audi TT and need a car loan. I'm with Barclays who don't do car loans. Sooo, I need to go via the garage but the finance chap at Audi is telling me that without 3 months bank statements it's pretty much a no go at the moment.

I don't have 3 months' worth of statements as I only get here in October and I don't really want to have to wait until the new year to order a car (paticularly since Audi have just got a new batch of TTs in that I could get within the week).

Thx
Get a Salary certificate from your employer and try that route.

I assume you have your residence visa already etc?
Old Nov 16th 2008, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

Vitriol01 is just really niceVitriol01 is just really niceVitriol01 is just really niceVitriol01 is just really niceVitriol01 is just really niceVitriol01 is just really niceVitriol01 is just really niceVitriol01 is just really nice

Cheers. Yeah I suggested that but the finance chap still didn't believe that it would help (although he will be speaking to some 'bankers' tonight at a meeting he has scheduled, to ask them).

My residency is sorted.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 12:57 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't you have bank statements from your home bank?

I obtained my car loan through Lloyds, and when I opened the account I provided them with three months' statements from my home bank, and that, along with a salary statement from my company, was enough for them to give me a car loan.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers, I'll try that Ethos.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 1:21 pm
W10

They've tightened up the rules on lending now (well quite a few places have) so it may be tougher, but you should still be able to find something.

Old Nov 16th 2008, 5:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
They've tightened up the rules on lending now (well quite a few places have) so it may be tougher, but you should still be able to find something.
Cars are ok since they have the car under mortgage (or whatever the banking term is, collateral maybe???)...
Personal loans are under fire...
Old Nov 17th 2008, 12:05 pm
W10

I don't think you will find a no deposit loan.

I think 90% is the best you can get, with 80% more the norm (but thats just what I've been told)

Old Nov 17th 2008, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

C350AMG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vitriol01
Hi All,

Thx
You will get better rate if you wait 3months espacially under current financial situation in UAE
Old Nov 17th 2008, 5:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
I don't think you will find a no deposit loan.

I think 90% is the best you can get, with 80% more the norm (but thats just what I've been told)
Which type of loan are you referring to, my good friend???
Old Nov 17th 2008, 5:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by C350AMG
You will get better rate if you wait 3months espacially under current financial situation in UAE
I rememberred you yesterday...
Old Nov 18th 2008, 8:08 am
W10

Originally Posted by Confucius
Which type of loan are you referring to, my good friend???
car loan

Old Nov 18th 2008, 2:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by W10
car loan
I suspect that with recent goings on, they have introduced this measure, but, if one's salary is transferred then I'm sure they'd forgo the x% downpayment...