Car Leasing - AD

Old Oct 13th 2008, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

andrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud of
Default Car Leasing - AD

Just did a bit of research in AD on leasing a small car on a 12 month basis.

Costs for a small car i.e. Toyota Yaris/Honda Jazz etc based on a 12 month lease, fully maintained and insured.

Hertz - 2100 AED/month
Diamond Lease - AED 1800/month
FAst - 2000 AED/month

These rates were current as of yesterday, does anybody know of any cheaper rates?
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 9:55 pm
Just Joined

Noelmc69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Car Leasing - AD

Hi Andrew

Thanks for posting the info, I've been looking on the web for lease rates (as you can in UK) without many results. It seems to me that you need to ask specifically for the rates rather than view them on a list.

Would it be worth people posting what they have been quoted here to build up a database ?

cheers

Noel
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 1:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

no because different people/companies will get different rates and discounts. also there is a big shortage of hire cars in ad, so you will just have to accept one in order to secure a car, just like accommodation too.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 9:27 pm
Just Joined

Noelmc69 is an unknown quantity at this point

No worries I'll keep any info I find out to myself then..................
Old Nov 4th 2008, 5:38 am
Forum Regular

andrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Noelmc69
Hi Andrew

Thanks for posting the info, I've been looking on the web for lease rates (as you can in UK) without many results. It seems to me that you need to ask specifically for the rates rather than view them on a list.

Would it be worth people posting what they have been quoted here to build up a database ?

cheers

Noel
Noel,

My experience is that websites in AD very rarely update the details - you always need to call, hence the post as I made some calls.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Chris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond repute

I phoned up all the big companies and got very similar prices to what you got. I then went for a walk around and went to some of the smaller local companies. They were a lot cheaper and still have all the insurance etc etc.
I'm paying 2100AED inclusive of everything for a Mazda 6
Old Nov 5th 2008, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Chris79
I phoned up all the big companies and got very similar prices to what you got. I then went for a walk around and went to some of the smaller local companies. They were a lot cheaper and still have all the insurance etc etc.
I'm paying 2100AED inclusive of everything for a Mazda 6
Which company is that with?
Old Nov 6th 2008, 4:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Chris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond repute

Star Rental Cars, behind the Lifeline Hospital. They have a website. They are only a small place and have limited cars but they are a lot cheaper than the big companies.
Some of my friends have rented from some other local firms with no problems so far - Inshallah!!