Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

relocation companies from dubai to AD

relocation companies from dubai to AD

Old Nov 4th 2008, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

Foxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really nice
Default relocation companies from dubai to AD

Hi there we are relocating from dubai marina to abu dhabi (finally !) Can anyone reccomend any relocation companies that we could use ? we have to move the whole works, beds, firdge, sofa's Dining table etc.# any help appreicated...TIA Foxes
Old Nov 4th 2008, 4:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: relocation companies from dubai to AD

i always use delight, but that is ad based.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 6:38 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

We used 800-Storage from Dubai to AD. They were excellent.

We recently used GOLDEN BOX REMOVERS for an internal AD move.

Never again, DO NOT USE THEM. they informed me afterwords that they have insurance only to cover 50% of the value of accidental damages. i.e if they dropped my 10K TV they would compensate me 5K.

They ripped my new sofa
chipped a leg on my new cot
Lost a role of stickers for my babys room ($60 worth)
chipped a full length marina mirror
Stubbed out a ciggy on my livingroom wall
drunk beer that i left out in a crate
found 2 paki's lying sleeping on my spare room matress
found 3 filipenos spinning round on my bar stools like it was a fairground
my canvas paintings all thrown in a box with kitchen utensils
No furnature bubblewrapped
babies rockinghorse left inthe carport, covered in sand

****ing disaster..

and muggins here, when the finally moved all the stuff to my new place, upon finishing, i nipped to spinneys and got a box of water and a box of mars bars...

yup, spent the next hour after they left picking up bottles, wrappers and fag buts our of the car porch and garden.

still waiting for compensation, apartently the owner is from a well known AD family, so ****, he can explain to me personally why he runs such a joke of a company...I asked for his mobile but was told it was confidential..

Rant over,

so yes use 800-storage
Old Nov 5th 2008, 6:41 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander View Post
We used 800-Storage from Dubai to AD. They were excellent.

We recently used GOLDEN BOX REMOVERS for an internal AD move.

Never again, DO NOT USE THEM. they informed me afterwords that they have insurance only to cover 50% of the value of accidental damages. i.e if they dropped my 10K TV they would compensate me 5K.

They ripped my new sofa
chipped a leg on my new cot
Lost a role of stickers for my babys room ($60 worth)
chipped a full length marina mirror
Stubbed out a ciggy on my livingroom wall
drunk beer that i left out in a crate
found 2 paki's lying sleeping on my spare room matress
found 3 filipenos spinning round on my bar stools like it was a fairground
my canvas paintings all thrown in a box with kitchen utensils
No furnature bubblewrapped
babies rockinghorse left inthe carport, covered in sand

****ing disaster..

and muggins here, when the finally moved all the stuff to my new place, upon finishing, i nipped to spinneys and got a box of water and a box of mars bars...

yup, spent the next hour after they left picking up bottles, wrappers and fag buts our of the car porch and garden.

still waiting for compensation, apartently the owner is from a well known AD family, so ****, he can explain to me personally why he runs such a joke of a company...I asked for his mobile but was told it was confidential..

Rant over,

so yes use 800-storage
did you pay upfront then? If not I wouldn't have given them a bean.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 6:46 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy View Post
did you pay upfront then? If not I wouldn't have given them a bean.
err my company paid
Old Nov 5th 2008, 6:48 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander View Post
err my company paid
I'd be kicking arse about that bigtime like.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 6:54 am
banned

Originally Posted by Spugsy View Post
I'd be kicking arse about that bigtime like.
well, ive kinda lied, we(royal we) paid and expensed.

In hindsight, we should have told them to foxtrot oscar

Seriously mate, imagine me popping back to my old house to check progress and they are all tabbing, 3 sleeping with empty beer bottles next to them

My neighbor and i were considering going in there and windmilling the lot of them.

Ps i cant wait for the offended bus to pull up and repremand me for use of the word 'paki'
Old Nov 5th 2008, 7:00 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Can also recommend GAC. We use them as a company and have never had a complaint.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 11:25 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Niagara have a pretty good reputation as well.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

Foxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really nice

thank you guys for your info. Ive been reccomende deelite alsio and have been impressed with their quotes !