Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

CAn you drive from Ajman to Dubai?

CAn you drive from Ajman to Dubai?

Old Nov 10th 2008, 1:26 pm
Account Closed

guest 5678 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CAn you drive from Ajman to Dubai?

Hi everyone,

I have been offered a job working in Sharjah and living in Ajman. I am wondering how hard it is to get to Dubai from here? I know the traffic is horrendous - does this include at the weekend? Are there any times of day when it is possible to drive into Dubai without being gridlocked?

Have until tomorrow to say whether I'll take the job. It's hard deciding when I don't really know the areas concerned. All your help is much appreciated!
Old Nov 10th 2008, 1:30 pm
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CAn you drive from Ajman to Dubai?

If you are working in Sharjah and living in Ajman, why would you want to drive to Dubai? Yes, on Fridays you will find the route passable.
Old Nov 10th 2008, 1:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by guest 5678
Hi everyone,

I have been offered a job working in Sharjah and living in Ajman. I am wondering how hard it is to get to Dubai from here? I know the traffic is horrendous - does this include at the weekend? Are there any times of day when it is possible to drive into Dubai without being gridlocked?

Have until tomorrow to say whether I'll take the job. It's hard deciding when I don't really know the areas concerned. All your help is much appreciated!
Your would-be employer is insisting on telling you where you must live??

Last edited by Sue; Nov 22nd 2008 at 3:48 pm. Reason: must
Old Nov 10th 2008, 1:53 pm
Account Closed

I have a job as a teacher and accommodation is provided. I have friends in Dubai though so was wondering about the feasability of seeing them. So it seems it'd be possible to make the trip at weekends?

Thanks for your replies!
Old Nov 10th 2008, 6:14 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

I have a job as a teacher and accommodation is provided. I have friends in Dubai though so was wondering about the feasability of seeing them. So it seems it'd be possible to make the trip at weekends?

Thanks for your replies!
Ajman to Dubai is under 1 hour, mid week - double that plus. Hope you have done your research on this offer, don't mean to be negative, but Ajman is not my choice of venue!
Old Nov 10th 2008, 6:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roadking
Ajman to Dubai is under 1 hour, mid week - double that plus. Hope you have done your research on this offer, don't mean to be negative, but Ajman is not my choice of venue!
Says who??? Ajman is considered as a second Paris these days...
Old Nov 10th 2008, 6:24 pm
Account Closed

Roadking, what is it you don't like about Ajman? I've heard it's quieter than Dubai which has its advantages I guess. Where do you live?
Old Nov 10th 2008, 6:31 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
Says me...by who?
Old Nov 10th 2008, 6:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Says me...by who?
Ajmanians and Ajmanites...But Ajmanistanis have a different view...
Old Nov 10th 2008, 6:33 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking, what is it you don't like about Ajman? I've heard it's quieter than Dubai which has its advantages I guess. Where do you live?
have several friends who made the move to Ajman and find the "quiet" a little too much. I live in Dubai and have for the 6 years we have been here, so I guess I have no real personal comparison. Only reporting other peoples opinions.
Whatever, good luck.
Old Nov 10th 2008, 6:36 pm
If I have to explain...

Ajmanians and Ajmanites...But Ajmanistanis have a different view...
Aaah, if we're going local I think you'll find the Ajmanorians find it a bit too quiet. And the camels run a bit too fast for procreation purposes.
Old Nov 10th 2008, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light

Aaah, if we're going local I think you'll find the Ajmanorians find it a bit too quiet. And the camels run a bit too fast for procreation purposes.
I heard Ajman once being touted as "the future Monaco of the Middle East".

On the plus side there's a decent and fairly "cheap" golf resort nearby at Al Hamra.
Old Nov 10th 2008, 7:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ajmaninos you mean...
Old Nov 10th 2008, 7:11 pm
W10

Ever since Kabul went tits up, its the obvious choice

Old Nov 10th 2008, 7:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by W10
Ever since Kabul went tits up, its the obvious choice
I want to see Peshawar...Taxi drivers say it a second Rome...More of a home away from Rome...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.