Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Can someone give me an idiots guides to IPODs?

Can someone give me an idiots guides to IPODs?

Old Mar 14th 2009, 6:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can someone give me an idiots guides to IPODs?

Originally Posted by nottmbantam
So -it MIGHT be prudent to look at other brands, but in my experience, the iPod wins hands down in terms of style, design and of course -status
all the things that don't matter at all
Old Mar 14th 2009, 3:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all your help guys
16 GB to be ordered this evening.
Nearly went for the 120 gb but only for the same reason I bought a new GSXR1100 when they first came out and when my riding style suited a GS550. I cant image filling 4000 songs worth of memory let alone 30 odd thousand

thanks again
Old Mar 14th 2009, 4:21 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Thanks for all your help guys
16 GB to be ordered this evening.
Nearly went for the 120 gb but only for the same reason I bought a new GSXR1100 when they first came out and when my riding style suited a GS550. I cant image filling 4000 songs worth of memory let alone 30 odd thousand

thanks again
Woose! GS550 is a bitches bike....

hehehehe
Old Mar 14th 2009, 4:27 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roadking
Woose! GS550 is a bitches bike....

hehehehe

For some strange reason I see him more astride a Nimbus 2000
Old Mar 14th 2009, 4:45 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
I see him more on a 1950's hoover....
Old Mar 14th 2009, 4:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

lol,
its my ex wives who should have the brooms eva

GS550 was a top all round bike, much maligned by the boys with small willies who wanted big numbers to brag about on a Sunday at the Cat and Fiddle near Buxton however see below

The slab sided GSXR looked great but was insane and I never got the best out of it as I had it on HP and was scared sh*tless of crashing it. Reaction time started to slow down as the years passed and it was time to grow up and move on

Sold it and moved onto a Z1300 before riding Harleys which I have done to this day (27 and 3/4 years riding)
Old Mar 14th 2009, 4:52 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
After its trip through the Whomping Willow.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 5:02 pm
If I have to explain...

lol,
its my ex wives who should have the brooms eva

GS550 was a top all round bike, much maligned by the boys with small willies who wanted big numbers to brag about on a Sunday at the Cat and Fiddle near Buxton however see below

The slab sided GSXR looked great but was insane and I never got the best out of it as I had it on HP and was scared sh*tless of crashing it. Reaction time started to slow down as the years passed and it was time to grow up and move on

Sold it and moved onto a Z1300 before riding Harleys which I have done to this day (27 and 3/4 years riding)
OK, can't be all bad then...
Old Mar 14th 2009, 5:04 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

lol,
its my ex wives who should have the brooms evaGS550 was a top all round bike, much maligned by the boys with small willies who wanted big numbers to brag about on a Sunday at the Cat and Fiddle near Buxton however see below

You know...I think you are right on that point
Especially when they were married to you
Probably the only way to guarantee summit hard between their thighs.........

Where are you from?

Last edited by Eva; Mar 14th 2009 at 5:10 pm.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Born in Cheshire, lived all over, worked all over but keep going back to Cheshire
Must be cos I miss my mum hey Eva
Old Mar 14th 2009, 5:47 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Born in Cheshire, lived all over, worked all over but keep going back to Cheshire
Must be cos I miss my mum hey Eva
Wanna answer my other comment?
Ah yes, you aspire to a barn conversion in Alderly Edge?
Old Mar 14th 2009, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

I normally answer questions not comments however just for you, none of my wives have ever had to rely upon a broom when they have felt the need for something hard between their thighs And should the day ever come when the tackle starts to fail me then I will be first in line at the pharmicist for some of pfizers best V

Alderley Edge is a little tacky and a night out there usually involves far too many Manchester or cheap side Cheshire trailer trash fake tanned tarts chasing after anyone who looks like he may be a footballer. Obviously never happened to me but tacky none the less. Have never shagged a dim burd, cant see what the attraction would be. Then again I have rooted intelligent porky birds so guess its horses for courses

Much prefer the nicer parts of the county and if it wasnt for the hideous scousers whose incessant shreiks and tracksuits aurally and physically litter the place, an ideal would a townhouse overlooking the river in Chester. No disrespect intended to any scousers reading, yeh right
please all just move back to Liverpool and Llandudno or Dubai
Old Mar 14th 2009, 6:28 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I normally answer questions not comments however just for you, none of my wives have ever had to rely upon a broom when they have felt the need for something hard between their thighs And should the day ever come when the tackle starts to fail me then I will be first in line at the pharmicist for some of pfizers best V

Alderley Edge is a little tacky and a night out there usually involves far too many Manchester or cheap side Cheshire trailer trash fake tanned tarts chasing after anyone who looks like he may be a footballer. Obviously never happened to me but tacky none the less. Have never shagged a dim burd, cant see what the attraction would be. Then again I have rooted intelligent porky birds so guess its horses for courses

Much prefer the nicer parts of the county and if it wasnt for the hideous scousers whose incessant shreiks and tracksuits aurally and physically litter the place, an ideal would a townhouse overlooking the river in Chester. No disrespect intended to any scousers reading, yeh right
please all just move back to Liverpool and Llandudno or Dubai

In river terms, Llongollen is seemly
Old Mar 15th 2009, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coffindodger
Hi I use a web site called ARES to download my music / videos etc.
This is a free site. However there is a pay to use site as well do not get them mixed up.

They are a other few web sites around i am sure many other members will advise.
I then use I tunes to place my music back i have over 85 gb of music.

But need some music in the car now i am in riyadh and no english radio stations, and i'm sick of usng tapes / cd's.
so yes it would be nice to plug and play so to speak.
Get down to Carrrefour, in their electrical bit, they sell FM modulators quite cheaply ( around 50 sr ), can also get them at Jarir and most electrical shops .

This will plug into the car's ciggie lighter and you can then either connect a USB memory stick with your music ( or even podcasts ) or connect your Ipod. I think most of them come with a double jack connector, which you will need to connect to the iPod, but if not, these are pretty cheap anyway to buy separately.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 8:06 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

My dalliance with music technology ended when the CD was introduced. But as I am sorting out all my crap pending a move out of the UAE, I am once again looking at a big stack of CDs to move (not only taking up space but also weight in my case).
I have enough air miles with Etihad to get an 8,16 or 120 odd GB IPOD but no idea what I should get.
Also should I bother with an IPOD at all and instead get another brand
How do I get my CD's onto the little thing?
Was also chatting with a colleague who has allegedly 18,000 tracks on his computer however when I said, "well can I just plug my etihad IPOD into your PC and download them" he got all anal like I had just asked to service his wife!
Is this the norm with IPODers?

Help for the technologically challenged please
I could have written this. Cheers...from one dolt to another.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.