Calling any British Asian expats moving to Dubai

Calling any British Asian expats moving to Dubai

Old May 19th 2014, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

Poppies is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Calling any British Asian expats moving to Dubai

Originally Posted by tala7726
Hi folks,
Has anyone of you going/gone through UAE security clearance/CID and if yes how long it took ??
Planning to move this summer awaiting CID check...
Hi tala7726..my employer will sort this out- they have my DBS check and all references but I guess for different fields they have different protocols.....good luck!
Old May 19th 2014, 3:50 pm
Just Joined

tala7726 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Poppies
Hi tala7726..my employer will sort this out- they have my DBS check and all references but I guess for different fields they have different protocols.....good luck!
Ok in my case my employer has submitted clearance application after obtaining attested degree and employer references. Is this the normal process?
Did your employer gave you any timeline ?
Thanks for your help
Old May 19th 2014, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tala7726
Ok in my case my employer has submitted clearance application after obtaining attested degree and employer references. Is this the normal process?
Did your employer gave you any timeline ?
Thanks for your help
Yes it does sound so- my employer has all my references and checks them and then I had to submit all my attested and notarised degrees including a valid DBS check if ur in the UK ( old CRB form) ....Im afraid timelines depend on your employer- I had to submit all of the above and then I recieved my contract ..check with ur HR department.
Old May 20th 2014, 6:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think a thread titled " Calling any white British expats..." could have been accepted quite as well as this. Why limit yourself to meeting British Asian expats??
Old May 20th 2014, 6:41 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
I don't think a thread titled " Calling any white British expats..." could have been accepted quite as well as this. Why limit yourself to meeting British Asian expats??
My apologies Inselaffen that you have misconstrued the intention of this thread...the thread is merely calling on Brit Asians- irrespective of where they are and how they choose to percieve themselves to get in touch ...Britishness is not perceived by the colour of ones skin- you are assuming that Britishness equates to a colour as your statement proves....Brit Asians are very much British and may have roots /connections to the vast Indo /Pak sub continent ......

Many expat sites have numerous threads where people subscribe to a particular identity and for people who are moving to foreign parts of the world, this may be of great support especially when youre moving to a place that may be foreign to your own culture....

People can exercise their right and freedom to post to a particular identity/ culture...

Ultimately, threads are monitored by the Moderators and I'm pretty certain they would intervene if a thread or response was not conduicive to the forum rules and objectives.

One should not assume anything about people who post or reply ...

Thanks
Old May 20th 2014, 7:33 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppies
My apologies Inselaffen that you have misconstrued the intention of this thread...the thread is merely calling on Brit Asians- irrespective of where they are and how they choose to percieve themselves to get in touch ...Britishness is not perceived by the colour of ones skin- you are assuming that Britishness equates to a colour as your statement proves....Brit Asians are very much British and may have roots /connections to the vast Indo /Pak sub continent ......
In fact he's doing just the opposite. You started the ball rolling by being selective about British [specific origin A], and Inselaffen suggested that British [specific origin B] might not be so well tolerated. How does his comment suggest that British [specific origin A] is British, but British [specific origin B] isn't?

I'm pretty sure most people on the Bored don't have a problem whatsoever with the posts on this thread--but we probably find it odd that this thread lives but one aimed solely at "White British expats" wouldn't.

Anyway, good luck
Old May 20th 2014, 8:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
In fact he's doing just the opposite. You started the ball rolling by being selective about British [specific origin A], and Inselaffen suggested that British [specific origin B] might not be so well tolerated. How does his comment suggest that British [specific origin A] is British, but British [specific origin B] isn't?

I'm pretty sure most people on the Bored don't have a problem whatsoever with the posts on this thread--but we probably find it odd that this thread lives but one aimed solely at "White British expats" wouldn't.

Anyway, good luck
yes that was exactly my point
Old May 20th 2014, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
yes that was exactly my point
No actually I don’t see your point! It is quite normal for people to group together based on their ethnicity, religion, etc. even if they belong to the same country. Would you have an issue with black churches for example?
Old May 20th 2014, 10:52 am
N/A

Dumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't read the thread, but the title is a bit racist isn't it? Are you afraid of people from different origins to yourself?
Old May 20th 2014, 10:58 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Sincerely, good luck Poppies, I'm sure you'll find some kindred spirits, and nobody's wishing you any ill-will. But it might be worth looking away now, coz I think this will go downhill rapidly.

Old May 20th 2014, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

pomomp is an unknown quantity at this point

Would it be racist to say "calling all pakistanis"? or a filipino calling all filipinos?

She was appealing to a certain group of people, nothing more.

Back on topic, I will be posted in Madinat Zayed... Which is the western region I'm guessing thats bad
Old May 20th 2014, 12:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by pomomp
Would it be racist to say "calling all pakistanis"? or a filipino calling all filipinos?

She was appealing to a certain group of people, nothing more.

Back on topic, I will be posted in Madinat Zayed... Which is the western region I'm guessing thats bad
However, if I posted "Calling all Caucasian British..." I'm sure it would be deemed racist.
Old May 20th 2014, 1:06 pm
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pomomp
Both are nationalities not races, xenophobic rather than racist perhaps
Old May 20th 2014, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

LeoMedley is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Poppy,

I am not British Asian, but I am moving across from the UK over the next couple of weeks to work in Dubai for 12 months.

Good luck with your big move, and if you need any help with connections when you move across i'm sure I can help.

Regards
Leo
Old May 20th 2014, 1:56 pm
...---...

Fossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond repute

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.