Buying new Car

Old Jul 11th 2013, 8:06 am
Just Joined

RI207 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Buying new Car

Britexpat or anyone else that can help

I am thinking of buying a new Honda CRV and wondering what sort of discounts is achievable from these dealers. A new Honda CRV full option (but without leather seats) sell price is 114k…….they would go as low as 109k with service package.

Full option with leather seats sell price is 124k and after discount being offered 119k with service package.

I asked them to throw in insurance for a year and the guy said this is not possible in the price and they can source it for me and add it to the price….they pay registration which is nominal…...anything else that people have managed to squeeze out of Honda dealers?

How much of a hard bargain do you have to do or does the discount seem typical and reasonable for a new car…

Any help or thoughts would be really appreciated.
Old Jul 11th 2013, 9:30 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying new Car

This might be of some use to you?

http://www.zawya.com/story/Pay_AED99...emailmarketing
Old Jul 11th 2013, 9:47 am
Just Joined

Thanks Meow. site blocked at work so will take a look at it when I get home...
Old Jul 13th 2013, 5:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RI207
Thanks Meow. site blocked at work so will take a look at it when I get home...
Ask if they have any ex.demos - I recently bought a 4 month old car and saved 12k (on a 125k car) by doing so. All warranties etc. were carried.
Old Jul 13th 2013, 9:23 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Ask if they have any ex.demos - I recently bought a 4 month old car and saved 12k (on a 125k car) by doing so. All warranties etc. were carried.
Yup, Millhouse got 2 good deals. Most new car dealers have about 15% profit in their cars, once you are up at 10% + you are doing well.
Old Jul 13th 2013, 12:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Even though you disapprove of the actual cars, BE76?
Old Jul 14th 2013, 10:38 am
Just Joined

Cheers BE76 and millhouse

I am getting about a 10% discount at the moment from the old selling price of 118k QAR.....they seem to have dropped the selling price to 114k for Ramadan however the final price they have told me is 109k which is about 10% from the price before Ramadan. They wont budge on that price
Old Jul 14th 2013, 10:39 am
Just Joined

Time to get the cheque book out and buy it
Old Jul 15th 2013, 11:12 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Even though you disapprove of the actual cars, BE76?
I am not a Toyota fan, but you cannot deny they are cheap to maintain out here and reliable.