Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

British giving birth in Dubai

British giving birth in Dubai

Old Feb 25th 2007, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

lordshine has much to be proud oflordshine has much to be proud oflordshine has much to be proud oflordshine has much to be proud oflordshine has much to be proud oflordshine has much to be proud oflordshine has much to be proud oflordshine has much to be proud oflordshine has much to be proud oflordshine has much to be proud oflordshine has much to be proud of
Default Re: British giving birth in Dubai

Def recommend medi-express. They sorted the whole thing for us when we had our first baby three months ago. Just check the spelling on the english-language birth certificate, they messed this bit up but corrected it on request.

American Hospital was first class - the midwives especially.

The whole embassy/passport thing was very straight forward.

You obviously have to be married to deliver here, but we know folks who got pregnant and got married just after. The hospital do the maths and if birth date - wedding date = <9 months, I am told CID will fingerprint mother and footprint baby, nothing else.

Hope it all goes well!
Old Feb 26th 2007, 7:47 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lordshine
The hospital do the maths and if birth date - wedding date = <9 months, I am told CID will fingerprint mother and footprint baby, nothing else
That's *if* you get married as soon as you discover you're expecting, and the pregnancy could reasonably be explained away as a "honeymoon baby" (even though it wasn't). Getting married later than that is asking for prison and/or deportation.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 8:51 am
Just Joined

Amy123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all your advice. Due to special circumstances I will be delivering in the UK. Yes I am married to my husband but now want to know what is needed in order to produce a birth certificate and a passport for my child in the UK. This is needed in order for my husband to sponsor my child and for him to travel back to the UAE. What do we need to do here in order to sponsor our child? And how much would the fees be? Also, I want to cancel the visa which I currently have on my work to go to my husband. What do we need to do to do that?

Originally Posted by sassy
there are two other website you should check out re these issues I thin you will get more info... I dont know if I can put them here I think they get censored for some bizarre reason...

expatwoman.com and ***********.com.....

also do PM me if you have any questions I just had a baby here and I'm english.....

Good Luck
Old Jun 5th 2007, 10:40 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amy123
What do we need to do here in order to sponsor our child?
So you'll be in the UK delivering your baby, your husband is in Dubai, and you want to know what's involved in bringing your baby over here to live?

It's pretty straightforward. Once the baby is born, you'll just need to apply for a passport using the form you can get from the nearest Post Office. I think you'll need to send birth certificates for you, your husband and the baby along with the form, and maybe your marriage certificate too - it's all clearly laid out in the notes that come with the form.

Once you've got the passport, you can fly straight back to the UAE, bringing the baby in on a normal tourist visa. Then your husband can apply for the baby's UAE residence visa, for which he'll need a salary certificate, the baby's birth certificate, *maybe* a copy of your marriage certificate (can't remember now, although it was only a couple of weeks ago that we did this!), the baby's original passport, and a copy of his own passport.

You may need to get the baby's birth certificate attested in the UK before it will be accepted in the UAE, though. That's something for you to check.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 10:33 am
Just Joined

Expa_4_Life is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by novita77
my husband born outside the UK (German) because my FIL working for RAF. He can passed on the citizenship to his son eventhough born outside the UK.

The catch is ... if my son's wife delivering the baby outside the UK ... the baby won't be able to get the british citizenship.
BFO personnel are still considered British and can pass on citizenship. If the OP was born in the UK no worries. if not then she may have a problem.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 5:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by novita77
my husband born outside the UK (German) because my FIL working for RAF. He can passed on the citizenship to his son eventhough born outside the UK.

The catch is ... if my son's wife delivering the baby outside the UK ... the baby won't be able to get the british citizenship.
DIC,JAFZA,DCC,CID,CIA,FBI,SWF,MM,MF,S,M,XM,L,XL,XX L,LA,NY,CH,IC,AG,OOOOOO...
Old Aug 9th 2007, 11:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amy123
Hi there

Just a quick question, I left the UK a few months ago and I am now working and living here. I am also pregnant and planning to give birth this year in the UAE. Will he still have the British Citizenship if he is born in the UAE and not in the UK? Is there any way round getting him to get the British passport if he is born in the UAE? I hope you can help me on this question else I will just call up the British Embassy and get more information from them.

Thanks

a am in the same situation.

Well my wife is, of course the child will be a british citizen, providing one of you are born and bred in Britian and not naturalised.

All the other info given below is correct. If you need any info let me know and ill ask the wife, cause she knows everything. thats why i married her, to compensate for my lack of........

ps when you due? were mid december
Old Aug 10th 2007, 6:46 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

ooh a baby for christmas! so much better than a turkey!!!

can't wait !!

Old Aug 10th 2007, 7:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
ooh a baby for christmas! so much better than a turkey!!!
i'd take the turkey any day...!!

MM, xx
Old Aug 10th 2007, 7:03 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa

MM, xx
me too MM! kids are bloody hard work! no doubt I will have AA on the phone in December begging for help !!
Old Aug 10th 2007, 8:03 am

beebee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
me too MM! kids are bloody hard work! no doubt I will have AA on the phone in December begging for help !!
All I can say is.. make the most of em while they are little.. there is worse to come... much worse
Old Aug 10th 2007, 9:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beebee
All I can say is.. make the most of em while they are little.. there is worse to come... much worse
hmmm...that thought fills me with dread, lol...

MM, xx
Old Aug 10th 2007, 3:51 pm

beebee is an unknown quantity at this point

hmmm...that thought fills me with dread, lol...

MM, xx
well..you saw one of mine today.. just imagine...
Old Aug 10th 2007, 6:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

MM, xx
not as chewy but a bit dry
Old Aug 10th 2007, 7:25 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by beebee
yup your right there, spent the day with a 6 year old the other who made me grateful for the three year old I have got!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.