Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Bringing our labrador to Qatar

Bringing our labrador to Qatar

Old Nov 1st 2011, 11:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bringing our labrador to Qatar

Originally Posted by co durham boy
No one is being offensive that's for sure , you need a pretty good sense of humour living in the Gulf and a very thick skin . I think you actually got some decent advice .

When you're in Qatar give it a couple of months then log on and re read your post.
You'll be quite surprised at how it reads after living here .

One word of advice , if you're offended by this thread than i'm afraid there's a steep learning curve awaiting you for life in Qatar.

Good luck .
Can't add to this. says it all.
Old Nov 1st 2011, 11:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emh
I have never used a forum before and won't again. I don't understand why anyone would reply to a person requiring sensible advice with racist remarks or a suggestion that I have my dog put down and turned into a gemstone. I appreciate the offer to adopt my dog and the information about shedding but will not be drawn in further. Some of these answers are plainly offfensive and intended to be so. No idea why. Please consider my question answered.
Still. It would have been nice to know what Kate told you so it's out there for others asking the same question... I hope she told you the same as we did. It's hot, the dog will hate you for it, and it's more likely to be poisoned than stolen - all true statements.

As for the gemstone - I don't see how that is offensive, I held back on combining it with a joke about vajazzling
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 12:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

aww emh- this bunch just take a bit of getting used to- most comments are said tongue in cheek as we're all barking mad (get it)and I would have thought were quite obviously so. Of course noone wants you to actually kill your dog. However my old housemate in London did make firworks out of his dad's ashes and they had a fireworks night at his local golf course- as mad aas it souds it was all very moving and his dad would have loved it- anyway I digress.

If its not for you and find the level of humour on here to be base then there are other forums you can use that are slightly more sophisticated than this one which you may prefer- don't let this put you off ALL forums- you may well need their help in the future.

Good luck with your move.
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 1:02 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emh
I have never used a forum before and won't again. I don't understand why anyone would reply to a person requiring sensible advice with racist remarks or a suggestion that I have my dog put down and turned into a gemstone. I appreciate the offer to adopt my dog and the information about shedding but will not be drawn in further. Some of these answers are plainly offfensive and intended to be so...
You can count yourself lucky that Lionheart did not offer his opinion on the subject.