Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Boys Toys: Buying ARB stuff in Saudi or UAE?

Boys Toys: Buying ARB stuff in Saudi or UAE?

Old Jun 8th 2011, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

irich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really nice
Default Boys Toys: Buying ARB stuff in Saudi or UAE?

Any body have any experience of dealing with either:

Al Rimaya in Riyadh (They advertise that they act as a stockist for ARB)

ARB UAE in Abu Dhabi?

I have an urge to equip the Patrol with stuff.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 8:12 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boys Toys: Buying ARB stuff in Saudi or UAE?

Originally Posted by irich
Any body have any experience of dealing with either:

Al Rimaya in Riyadh (They advertise that they act as a stockist for ARB)

ARB UAE in Abu Dhabi?

I have an urge to equip the Patrol with stuff.
Be prepared to pay well over the odds in the UAE, if you can ship from oz you'll save a fortune. No idea re Saudi though. Try me4x4.org
Old Jun 8th 2011, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

I have shopped at ARB when I lived in AD and was in there looking for a snatch strap a couple of months ago for my Disco back home. They have reasonable stock with all the usual stuff, winch bumpers, winches, straps, deflators, compressors etc.

No idea on price comparison with any other regions to be honest

Located right on the entrance to Mussafah industrial on the other side of the road so dead easy to find and there is a garage next door which may or may not be part of ARB that I have seen fitting lift kits to Jeeps (though that was a couple of years ago).
Old Jun 8th 2011, 4:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice

Boy's Toys??

Can't a girl equip her nissan capsula for the desert?

ARB in AD are expensive and have looked into shipping from Oz but not really worthwhile.

AEV in dubai and now AD have a good range of stuff too, and can be cheaper, they have a good website with online buying facility - free shipping on orders over 300aed.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

paca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bluelionesse
AEV in dubai and now AD have a good range of stuff too
Is it christmas yet?
Old Jun 9th 2011, 4:20 am
Forum Regular

irich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really nice

Boy's Toys??

Can't a girl equip her nissan capsula for the desert?

ARB in AD are expensive and have looked into shipping from Oz but not really worthwhile.

AEV in dubai and now AD have a good range of stuff too, and can be cheaper, they have a good website with online buying facility - free shipping on orders over 300aed.

Thanks. The AEV site is pretty good, but they don't appear to stock anything for the Patrol. I assume it is because the Patrol wasn't a US model.
Old Jun 9th 2011, 4:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice

Thanks. The AEV site is pretty good, but they don't appear to stock anything for the Patrol. I assume it is because the Patrol wasn't a US model.
The AEV site does not cover all the parts - might be worth a phonecall.
What parts are you specifically looking for?

One thing - metal bumpers/bull bars and other things will possibly fail your car when it goes through registration. You may also be stopped by the police and threatened with a fine and impoundment unless you remove your ARB metal bumper - it happened to me in Al Ain. (Yes I have noticed that the police cars have them!)
Old Jun 9th 2011, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

The AEV site does not cover all the parts - might be worth a phonecall.
What parts are you specifically looking for?

One thing - metal bumpers/bull bars and other things will possibly fail your car when it goes through registration. You may also be stopped by the police and threatened with a fine and impoundment unless you remove your ARB metal bumper - it happened to me in Al Ain. (Yes I have noticed that the police cars have them!)
Looking for an expedition roof rack, hand winch, spot lights, jerry cans and maybe some suspension stuff for a Nissan Patrol.

I'm based in Saudi. Heard last night that the local Al Rimaya stores may be worth a visit.
Old Jun 9th 2011, 4:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Looking for an expedition roof rack, hand winch, spot lights, jerry cans and maybe some suspension stuff for a Nissan Patrol.

I'm based in Saudi. Heard last night that the local Al Rimaya stores may be worth a visit.
If I were looking for that stuff here in Al Ain I would go down to the industrial area first - much cheaper. Sorry I know nothing about Saudi, terrible place, I couldn't drive there, but I assume they will have similar industrial areas to the UAE. Good luck with your purchases!
Old Jun 9th 2011, 5:38 am
Forum Regular

If I were looking for that stuff here in Al Ain I would go down to the industrial area first - much cheaper. Sorry I know nothing about Saudi, terrible place, I couldn't drive there, but I assume they will have similar industrial areas to the UAE. Good luck with your purchases!
Thanks for your help BL.