Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Boyfriend Banged up in Dubai pending Visa Issue - November 2009

Boyfriend Banged up in Dubai pending Visa Issue - November 2009

Old Nov 24th 2009, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boyfriend Banged up in Dubai pending Visa Issue - November 2009

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
It might help to know there are a number of people who are taking up the case of the UAE's immature and unreasonable legal system:

http://www.detainedindubai.org/Detai...i/Welcome.html

After reading some of the cases it made me want to leave though!

N.
The one about Emirates Airline serving alcohol is an interesting one!
Old Nov 24th 2009, 5:09 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartans53
They were Ok with me. I drove after having six or seven pints and a nice Pakistani man tee boned me. Nearly lost my ear and was lucky that he was pissed as well. Twenty stitches in my leg and ear and a day in Rafa police station. then a month later off to court and given two months inside, got it reduced to a month on appeal.

Jail was shit and boreing but doable if you can get enough books. Food was crap but you could get crisps etc. When they told me I was reduced to a month could not show how happy I was as I was in with the real crims in court and they had just been told they had got 10 year and upwards.
When I was 13 I was hit by a drunk diver and lost the use of my left leg for a few months. A colleage of mine back in the UK lost her 8 year old niece to a drunk driver. Hundreds of thousands of innocent people die every year because people like you get in a car after getting tanked up.

A month in jail isn't a lesson at all...what if you had killed somone? Smashed into the back of my car and killed my boy or someone's else's kid. Is a month being fed and watered punishment? Is feeling sorry enough?

They were more than ok with you. Are you allowed to drive now?

N.
Old Nov 25th 2009, 4:25 am
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

Yes i'm allowed to drive now and I haven't gone near a car since after drinking all you have said is correct and I was young and stupid. I can't change the past but I can change the future. They were ok with me but the episode made me realise what I had done and I changed my ways. I should not have needed the lesson but I learnt from it.
Old Nov 25th 2009, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

RedRoar75 is an unknown quantity at this point

They were Ok with me. I drove after having six or seven pints and a nice Pakistani man tee boned me. Nearly lost my ear and was lucky that he was pissed as well. Twenty stitches in my leg and ear and a day in Rafa police station. then a month later off to court and given two months inside, got it reduced to a month on appeal.

Jail was shit and boreing but doable if you can get enough books. Food was crap but you could get crisps etc. When they told me I was reduced to a month could not show how happy I was as I was in with the real crims in court and they had just been told they had got 10 year and upwards.
Fair play - you've been honest about your past and you seem to have changed your ways. However.. real crims? mate, you are a real crim for what you did. (Still?) thinking that DD is not a real crime is pretty stupid.
Old Nov 25th 2009, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

Maybe should have said hardcore crims. Lots of Drug dealers and murder's in the same 10 foot square cell.

Shit yourself and hope you come out in one peice and move on, glad that you have been given the chance to move on.
Old Nov 26th 2009, 10:48 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
You are hilarious.

-
he was being ironic not humorous
Old Nov 26th 2009, 10:52 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe should have said hardcore crims. Lots of Drug dealers and murder's in the same 10 foot square cell.

Shit yourself and hope you come out in one peice and move on, glad that you have been given the chance to move on.
bet most people on here have at one time had a beer/wine and driven.

you learned your lesson and luckily for you, you got away with it.

problem is thousand of ****nuggets arent so fortunate.
Old Nov 27th 2009, 8:46 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
bet most people on here have at one time had a beer/wine and driven.

you learned your lesson and luckily for you, you got away with it.

problem is thousand of ****nuggets arent so fortunate.

A beer is within the legal limit for driving or operating machinery in most countries of the world...few people are affected in significantly measurable ways by one regular beer, wine or spirit if they have no alcohol already in their system.

Eight pints on the other hand would get even a pisshead like me thinking it's time to forget about driving anything - crawl home and prostrate myself before the porcelain god, Armitage Shanks.

N.