Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Boyfriend Banged up in Dubai pending Visa Issue - November 2009

Boyfriend Banged up in Dubai pending Visa Issue - November 2009

Old Nov 22nd 2009, 8:44 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boyfriend Banged up in Dubai pending Visa Issue - November 2009

Originally Posted by nicolajd31
Yes, this is the same story as 7 days. Court case is Tuesday so am just waiting for that to come around and wait for the verdict.

I am using a local lawyer and he seems to know his stuff and the company are actually paying the lawyers fees so they are taking some responsibility as to what as happened.
please do let us know the outcome, this can be pretty scary
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 9:24 am
Just Joined

nicolajd31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Of course, I will definitely keep you posted. We still don't know that they will be told on Tuesday as they may have to wait another 2 weeks for the judgement (which I am praying that doesn't happen) apparently the other jails (as in proper jails not the outjail) are so full they are moving people to where David (my partner) is and these are people that have committed serious crimes like murder.

Only a couple of days to go though and fingers crossed.
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 9:27 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nicolajd31
Of course, I will definitely keep you posted. We still don't know that they will be told on Tuesday as they may have to wait another 2 weeks for the judgement (which I am praying that doesn't happen) apparently the other jails (as in proper jails not the outjail) are so full they are moving people to where David (my partner) is and these are people that have committed serious crimes like murder.

Only a couple of days to go though and fingers crossed.
it's awful I wish you all the luck in the world and home he gets released soon!
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 10:24 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

It might help to know there are a number of people who are taking up the case of the UAE's immature and unreasonable legal system:

http://www.detainedindubai.org/Detai...i/Welcome.html

After reading some of the cases it made me want to leave though!

N.
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 10:31 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
It might help to know there are a number of people who are taking up the case of the UAE's immature and unreasonable legal system:

http://www.detainedindubai.org/Detai...i/Welcome.html

After reading some of the cases it made me want to leave though!

N.
I thought it was a joke at first but the organisation looks real.
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 11:05 am
Just Joined

nicolajd31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks - I'll have a look.
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

The Outjail was not too bad when I had a look around a few years ago. The one you want to avoid is the main Central Jail as these are the druggies etc. The only time you came into contact with them was on first arrival and going to court for appeals etc

Outjail used to be for Imigration problems and anything under a year. Food is shite and the bogs are not too clever.

Mike
Old Nov 24th 2009, 10:11 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
I thought it was a joke at first but the organisation looks real.
There's a reason why they block a lot of stuff here...if you have a good look around cyberspace there's tons of expats who have utter horror stories to tell about the UAE.

N.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 11:04 am
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

They were Ok with me. I drove after having six or seven pints and a nice Pakistani man tee boned me. Nearly lost my ear and was lucky that he was pissed as well. Twenty stitches in my leg and ear and a day in Rafa police station. then a month later off to court and given two months inside, got it reduced to a month on appeal.

Jail was shit and boreing but doable if you can get enough books. Food was crap but you could get crisps etc. When they told me I was reduced to a month could not show how happy I was as I was in with the real crims in court and they had just been told they had got 10 year and upwards.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 11:07 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

You were a selfish idiot to have driven after six or seven pints and therefore not deserving of any sympathy whatsoever.

-
Old Nov 24th 2009, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
You were a selfish idiot to have driven after six or seven pints and therefore not deserving of any sympathy whatsoever.

-
it was only 7 pints , give him a break !
Old Nov 24th 2009, 11:46 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy
it was only 7 pints , give him a break !
You're as much of an idiot as he is.

-
Old Nov 24th 2009, 12:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wasn't looking for any sympathy and did my time and learnt a hard lesson.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 12:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
You're as much of an idiot as he is.

-
i was being 'ironic' ,theres always one i suppose !!
Old Nov 24th 2009, 12:23 pm
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by co durham boy
i was being 'ironic' ,theres always one i suppose !!
You are hilarious.

-

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.