Book/DVD Sale

Old Oct 10th 2008, 2:10 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Book/DVD Sale

Originally Posted by Autonomy
Wow - that is stunning... I know I promised something... it proved a little tricky, next time....

Well done to you both!

Shouldn't you be busy making yourself pretty?

-
Old Oct 10th 2008, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Shouldn't you be busy making yourself pretty?

-
What exactly did Auto promise?!
Old Oct 10th 2008, 2:22 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IndieG
What exactly did Auto promise?!
Ha ha!

It was his birthday a couple of days ago, but he want to be a non-conformist & jump out of a cake in a tutu tonight.

-
Old Oct 10th 2008, 2:40 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

yes I am home and Helping Hands is 16,000 dhs better of than it was this morning, a massive thank you to all of you who came along today and to those of you who donated so generously. This isn't the final figure, I can see it going higher!!! Also we are going to continue collecting for the next one. The best sellers are the DVD's, if you are gonna have a clear out let me know and I will collect them (or Meow will)
Old Oct 10th 2008, 2:58 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
yes I am home and Helping Hands is 16,000 dhs better of than it was this morning, a massive thank you to all of you who came along today and to those of you who donated so generously. This isn't the final figure, I can see it going higher!!! Also we are going to continue collecting for the next one. The best sellers are the DVD's, if you are gonna have a clear out let me know and I will collect them (or Meow will)
That's an awesome amount BC!!!!
Well done to you and Meow.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 3:06 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
That's an awesome amount BC!!!!
Well done to you and Meow.
it's rising Eva!! gone over 17k now
Old Oct 10th 2008, 3:11 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

it's rising Eva!! gone over 17k now

Amazing.Bless you girl.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 3:23 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Eva
Amazing.Bless you girl.
not just me Eva, there is a team of us who manage to pull this altogether, I am just the bossy cow who co-ordinates it all (allegedly). I got to say I am well chuffed this evening though!! and my feet are killing me!!!!
Old Oct 10th 2008, 3:36 pm
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point

not just me Eva, there is a team of us who manage to pull this altogether, I am just the bossy cow who co-ordinates it all (allegedly). I got to say I am well chuffed this evening though!! and my feet are killing me!!!!
We spent over Dhs250 but would definitely have paid Dhs10 per paper-back book (Dhs5 charged) and Dhs20 (Dhs10 charged) for a hard-back if asked. Maybe worth considering for next time.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 3:40 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Shadya
We spent over Dhs250 but would definitely have paid Dhs10 per paper-back book (Dhs5 charged) and Dhs20 (Dhs10 charged) for a hard-back if asked. Maybe worth considering for next time.
thanks for coming! the feline sale was selling at those prices and didn't make anywhere near what we did. People aren't really prepared to pay. There were alot of books that were 2008 issues that were marked up separately at 10 and 15 dhs. We had very few hardbacks really, and the ones we had were a bit old. But duly noted for the next one
Old Oct 10th 2008, 3:41 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well done everyone. You surely must have some medicine to soothe your tootsies BC
PS......am I correct in thinking FACT is an acronym ?
Old Oct 10th 2008, 4:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

wow, well done to you all...couldn't come as it is monsieur medusa's birthday today and we had plans, but will defo come next time...

blue cat, let me know if there's anything i can do to help for the next one...

MM, xx
Old Oct 11th 2008, 5:54 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
wow, well done to you all...couldn't come as it is monsieur medusa's birthday today and we had plans, but will defo come next time...

blue cat, let me know if there's anything i can do to help for the next one...

MM, xx
thanks MM, you are in Jumeirah so would make an ideal drop off point, I am not thinking about another one for at least a couple of months
Old Oct 11th 2008, 10:29 am
Concierge

a word from Elle and Roger, the organisers of Helping Hands. (GA is my user name elsewhere)

I want to say huge Thank You on behalf of Helpinghandsuae and the recipients who will benefit from our book sale, initiated, organized and excuted by the great Posh Geordie Armani and her wonderful, hard working team. I don't want to forget the donors and purchasers of the books, you all did magnificently well. GA sent me a text message last night saying the count was 16,000AED and I was speechless. When she came back later and said the amount stands at 17,600AED DH & I were touched and gave thanks.

Part of the money will go into the Helpinghandsuae repatriation programme, and we have some sick men just waiting for an airticket which will enable them to go home and be reunited with their families. Part of the money will go into our feeding programme. I will buy some phone cards as well, we have been unable to give cards to all of the men for quite a few weeks now.

Thanks to GA's efforts at the last booksale helped us stay in good shape to feed the homeless men in our feeding programme last August. During that month last year our regular and loyal food donors all went away on vacation, it was a surprise, but when hungry people rely on us to feed them, there was no question about it, so we funded the food for them ourselves. I had to learn a lot during the 1st year of operations. and I was able to plan ahead this year and make sure there was money for food during August when, once again, everyone seemed to disappear.

We had an incredibly busy time during Ramadan, we were out delivering Iftar meals to campsites and distributing tons of donations. Our Shoe Box Appeal aka Eid Gift Box Appeal was also very successful. Our friends at the Radisson SAS Hotel, Media City, and TeCom partnered us, and DHL helped us with the distributions of the Eid Boxes. You all did a great job guys, another huge Thank You from us to you. 7,500 boxes were ordered and I think the Radisson have received back approximately 6,000 boxes, so there are still some floating around. Can we have them back now please? Companies, offices and schools participated, they collected the empty shoe boxes and following a suggested content list, the majority of the boxes were returned to the hotel, uplifted by DHL, who accompanied us to the campsites. There are still boxes coming in, in dribs and drabs and we shall deliver them all! We have taken lots of pics and when the Webmaster can find time to upload them, they will be on our website in the near future.

I am just getting ready to go to Abu Dhabi, today we are doing our first distributions into labour camps there. It is really by public demand that we are extending our helping hands there. A wonderful generous lady I know has recently opened with her partner a lovely hotel, which she has said we can use as a base. More details about that when arrangements are firmed up.

Unfortunately, the motherboard on my laptop died peacefully 5 days ago, the workshop said 7-10 days before I can have it back. Sorry to everyone if you have emailed me. It sent me into a bit of a tail spin, there is so much information stored on it, including the contact details of the people in Abu Dhabi who are going to be working with us to make a difference in the lives of needy people there.

Because we have received an unprecedented quantity of donations throughout Ramadan and they are still coming in, in huge amounts, we are suspending our collections at MoE and FC until we have sorted, and distributed everything we have with us now. Our villa is groaning with stuff, we cannot move inside, the verandah is full and also boxes are stacked up high outside. Another desperate plea for a warehouse goes out.....

Finally, I am going away for November, I'm off to Bali for the month. Neighbours have a house there that they are not using in November, so it seemed like a good idea to take it. DH is coming with me for 2 weeks for a bit of R&R. We are looking forward to clean air, and seeing the stars in the sky. I am hoping to start writing a book I've had swimming around in my head for some time, before it fossilizes.

While away, we will be celebrating our Wedding Anniversary and the inception of HelpinghandsUAE 2 years ago.

Wishing everyone love, peace and happiness in big doses.

Elle xx
Old Oct 11th 2008, 11:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

thanks MM, you are in Jumeirah so would make an ideal drop off point, I am not thinking about another one for at least a couple of months
for sure, if i can help, let me know...it's an amazing cause, saw an interview with elle in a mag last week, just made me feel so humble and rubbish that there is someone out there helping these guys and i'm doing sod all...

MM, xx

Last edited by Madam Medusa; Oct 11th 2008 at 12:15 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.