Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

BJs in Bahrain....

BJs in Bahrain....

Old Apr 11th 2007, 5:13 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default BJs in Bahrain....

...the nightclub, for those wondering.

Did anyone hear what happened with the doorman here?

I was told he was shot with a silenced weapon, but not seen much about it in the news.

I was also told BJs is shut until further notice, and the only 4/5 star hotels can have bars now?

Sounds like some of the government are trying to stick to their word of eventually banning alcohol full stop.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 5:17 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BJs in Bahrain....

BJs.....obvious not the kind that I know about...
Old Apr 11th 2007, 5:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad

I was told he was shot with a silenced weapon, but not seen much about it in the news.

I was also told BJs is shut until further notice, and the only 4/5 star hotels can have bars now?

Sounds like some of the government are trying to stick to their word of eventually banning alcohol full stop.
BJs is in DT now...
Old Apr 11th 2007, 6:41 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, been to BJ's and JJ's many a time!...Al Bustan hotel if memory serves me correct.

Made many new friends in that place...

I heard about the doorman, there was a piece about it in the UAE rags a week ago.
The guy was a Bahraini bouncer, shot in the head, dead on arrival at the hospital.
First thing they did was blame the yanks, so they had to prove that no weapons were missing or taken from their armoury.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 6:50 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Yup, been to BJ's and JJ's many a time!...Al Bustan hotel if memory serves me correct.

Made many new friends in that place...

I heard about the doorman, there was a piece about it in the UAE rags a week ago.
The guy was a Bahraini bouncer, shot in the head, dead on arrival at the hospital.
First thing they did was blame the yanks, so they had to prove that no weapons were missing or taken from their armoury.
I was told 4 Seasons were planning on a new hotel in Bahrain, but pulled out because the government could not guarantee the ban on bars would not extend to 4/5 star hotels.

I guess the Ritz-Carlton will always be immune to this rule though
Old Apr 11th 2007, 6:51 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

I was told 4 Seasons were planning on a new hotel in Bahrain, but pulled out because the government could not guarantee the ban on bars would not extend to 4/5 star hotels.

I guess the Ritz-Carlton will always be immune to this rule though
Are they really going to ban alcohol there???

What are all the Saudi's going to do at the weekend????????????
Old Apr 11th 2007, 6:59 am
Big Member

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Are they really going to ban alcohol there???

What are all the Saudi's going to do at the weekend????????????
Drive down to Dubai
Old Apr 11th 2007, 7:11 am
Up in the air

Drive down to Dubai
I hope not,
Plus its bad enough getting a flight out of Saudi at the weekend as it is!!
Old Apr 11th 2007, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Is BJ's the club that is upstairs?

Is there a chipper opposite?
Old Apr 11th 2007, 8:10 am
Up in the air

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
Is BJ's the club that is upstairs?

Is there a chipper opposite?
There is the Chippie opposite!!..
Old Apr 11th 2007, 11:23 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Drive down to Dubai
that would help our traffic problem no end!