Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Just been to Al Ain!

Just been to Al Ain!

Old Apr 11th 2007, 12:31 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Just been to Al Ain!

We have just got back from a two night mid week break in Al Ain. We stayed at the Rotana, which was excellent, best hotel rooms we have ever had if I am being honest, really big! The first night was mexican night - 90 dhs all you can eat and drink - only margaritas and Corona, second night Chinese night with red/white wine and lager included again only 90 dhs a head inc of tax. We visited to the zoo which was fantastic, the animals are all so healthy and have massive areas to live in. To me it was more of a park than a zoo. Anyway just wanted to recommend it anyone who was fancying a few days away.

On the down side - they are extending the hotel so there was construction noise during the day but it didn't affect the time we spent there.

Old Apr 11th 2007, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just been to Al Ain!

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
We have just got back from a two night mid week break in Al Ain. We stayed at the Rotana, which was excellent, best hotel rooms we have ever had if I am being honest, really big! The first night was mexican night - 90 dhs all you can eat and drink - only margaritas and Corona, second night Chinese night with red/white wine and lager included again only 90 dhs a head inc of tax. We visited to the zoo which was fantastic, the animals are all so healthy and have massive areas to live in. To me it was more of a park than a zoo. Anyway just wanted to recommend it anyone who was fancying a few days away.

On the down side - they are extending the hotel so there was construction noise during the day but it didn't affect the time we spent there.

'only' carona

that'll do for me, im going
Old Apr 11th 2007, 12:34 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Is the zoo finished now? And still 3 dhs entry...
Old Apr 11th 2007, 12:43 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
Is the zoo finished now? And still 3 dhs entry...
10 dhs, there were a few sign saying 'under expansion' but it was really really impressive. Might be worth going later in year as it was a bit hot yesterday and we went at 3.30!
Old Apr 11th 2007, 12:43 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
'only' carona

that'll do for me, im going
my DH were well happy!!! food was good too, not FANTASTIC, but enjoyable if that makes sense !!
Old Apr 11th 2007, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

my DH were well happy!!! food was good too, not FANTASTIC, but enjoyable if that makes sense !!
perfect sense to me,

how much was the room rates if you dont mind me asking
Old Apr 11th 2007, 12:53 pm
Concierge

perfect sense to me,

how much was the room rates if you dont mind me asking
something like 430 a night, check it on www.rotana.com - took me just over an hour to get there but I was doing 140 between the speed cameras. Not a bad drive down there though, and peaceful compared to here! We will defo go again that's for sure.
Old Apr 11th 2007, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

something like 430 a night, check it on www.rotana.com - took me just over an hour to get there but I was doing 140 between the speed cameras. Not a bad drive down there though, and peaceful compared to here! We will defo go again that's for sure.
thanks for the info BC, think we shall get a muttsitter and head off
Old Apr 11th 2007, 12:56 pm
Concierge

thanks for the info BC, think we shall get a muttsitter and head off
I would have jock but the cats would freak !!!
Old Apr 11th 2007, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

I would have jock but the cats would freak !!!
cheers but that is already taken care of, the inlaws have 3 dogs and they all met at ours last night. There was a bit of a standoff but no fighting, so hopefully Jocks cousins will welcome him
Old Apr 11th 2007, 12:59 pm
Concierge

cheers but that is already taken care of, the inlaws have 3 dogs and they all met at ours last night. There was a bit of a standoff but no fighting, so hopefully Jocks cousins will welcome him
bless him !!! he is lovely!
Old Apr 11th 2007, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

bless him !!! he is lovely!
2 bischon friches and a maltese friche.

Wee jock was kicking ass already

thats my boy
Old Apr 11th 2007, 1:05 pm
Concierge

thats my boy
they aint dogs!!! Jock is ! they are k9 impersonators!
Old Apr 11th 2007, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

thats my boy
Wee Jock.... love it.