Big fire in JLT

Old Nov 21st 2012, 5:35 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Big fire in JLT

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
http://www.7daysindubai.com/Insuranc...ail/story.html

let's hope this is true, I was speaking to a friend last night who has a friend who is busy looking for villa accomodation on the Springs, her agent initially had a few to view but told her yesterday everything had gone, the JLT fire has caused an increase in villa rentals so I am guessing Kix is infact right about the increase in rental prices.
Yup. I think at least for the short term, you're going to see high rise prices hit, with villa and low rise prices going through the roof.
Old Nov 21st 2012, 5:35 am
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

http://www.7daysindubai.com/Insuranc...ail/story.html

let's hope this is true, I was speaking to a friend last night who has a friend who is busy looking for villa accomodation on the Springs, her agent initially had a few to view but told her yesterday everything had gone, the JLT fire has caused an increase in villa rentals so I am guessing Kix is infact right about the increase in rental prices.
Mmmmmm? The agent of a friend, of a friend? - And a 73% rise in Villa Rentals since the fire? If you believe that 'You'll stand for egg under't cap!' Not the sort of news that should be promoted here! - For obvious reasons!
Old Nov 21st 2012, 5:51 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jackthehat
Mmmmmm? The agent of a friend, of a friend? - And a 73% rise in Villa Rentals since the fire? If you believe that 'You'll stand for egg under't cap!' Not the sort of news that should be promoted here! - For obvious reasons!
I was taking the piss on the increase, but I'm sure greedy landlords are using the fire as an excuse to add a further 10% or more onto their pre-fire prices.

Or it could be spun by Dubai inc into "Villa prices showed a 35% increase in the last month, a sure sign that Dubai is back".
Old Nov 21st 2012, 6:09 am
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Kix
I was taking the piss on the increase, but I'm sure greedy landlords are using the fire as an excuse to add a further 10% or more onto their pre-fire prices.

Or it could be spun by Dubai inc into "Villa prices showed a 35% increase in the last month, a sure sign that Dubai is back".
As far as I am concerned, it was 'Stupid' to even have mentioned it! - BE Posts can be 'Googled!' - Dubai Landlords are more than likely 'Rubbing Their Hands' with glee, after that last misguided remark!

Thank you so much indeed, as I am about to negotiate next yesr's rent!

Last edited by jackthehat; Nov 21st 2012 at 6:17 am.
Old Nov 21st 2012, 6:09 am
BE Enthusiast

lanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to all

I'm not sure that springs story is true, there have been loads of ads on Dubizzle for villas for weeks but the talk on EW is that when you call they don't have them nor ever did, interestingly the 2 apts I am looking at today have come down over the last few weeks and pre fire:

3 Bed Bay central 40th floor, was 140k now 125k
2 bed laguna tower, was 130k now 115k, 3 bed was 150k now 140k

So who knows whats really going on
Old Nov 21st 2012, 6:27 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lanarkwitch
I'm not sure that springs story is true, there have been loads of ads on Dubizzle for villas for weeks but the talk on EW is that when you call they don't have them nor ever did, interestingly the 2 apts I am looking at today have come down over the last few weeks and pre fire:

3 Bed Bay central 40th floor, was 140k now 125k
2 bed laguna tower, was 130k now 115k, 3 bed was 150k now 140k

So who knows whats really going on
very true but as Kix said the LL's will use this to their advantage, 100% sure of that
Old Nov 21st 2012, 6:32 am
BE Forum Addict

very true but as Kix said the LL's will use this to their advantage, 100% sure of that
So why promote it? - Jeeeez!
Old Nov 21st 2012, 6:33 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

So why promote it? - Jeeeez!
WTF is wrong with you? this is a discussion forum! do you really think LL's are sitting reading British Expats?
Old Nov 21st 2012, 6:37 am
BE Forum Addict

WTF is wrong with you? this is a discussion forum! do you really think LL's are sitting reading British Expats?
What is the colour of the sky on your planet? - Of course some of them do, and then spread it around on the 'Majlis Circuit!' - How long have you been here? (And do not use WTF to me in the future!)

Last edited by jackthehat; Nov 21st 2012 at 6:40 am.
Old Nov 21st 2012, 6:45 am
Concierge

What is the colour of the sky on your planet? - Of course some of them do, and then spread it around on the 'Majlis Circuit!' - How long have you been here? (And do not use WTF to me in the future!)
face facts LL's will have thought about rent increases when Tamweel was still on fire!! and don't tell me what I can say or do either, thank you
Old Nov 21st 2012, 6:46 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

What drugs are you on? Are they legal?

Oh sorry, what would I know, being "Stupid" and all that...
Old Nov 21st 2012, 6:47 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Kix

not being able to discuss current issues on a discussion forum is beyond me!
Old Nov 21st 2012, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Kix

Many thanks for your response. I am sure that it will be appreciated by all!
Old Nov 21st 2012, 7:00 am
BE Forum Addict

not being able to discuss current issues on a discussion forum is beyond me!
I was not suggesting that for one moment! However, 'Idle Chatter' where Posts can be 'Googled' is not good practice!
Old Nov 21st 2012, 7:07 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

I was not suggesting that for one moment! However, 'Idle Chatter' where Posts can be 'Googled' is not good practice!
Walls have ears? Loose lips sink ships? I think I've heard that stuff somewhere LLs don't need us discussing things for them to stick their snouts in the trough.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.